Free Rider Jumps [Facebook Messenger Game]

Bodman

Hi everyone!

With the help of Phaser 3 I introduce...

Free Rider Jumps!  

game_size_1000x562-classic.png.40e47f1a5d6e95671027e39632268076.png

This is using the facebook messenger platform. The first instant game by Kano . Available on desktop, and mobile . Its a single track. Goal is to get the best score you can. You earn points by going the distance and doing it with style by doing tricks!

Mobile & Desktop on Messenger
Search "Free Rider Jumps" or try http://m.me/freeriderjumps?game=freeriderjumps

Desktop Only on FB
https://www.facebook.com/instantgames/183911338963055/

Still some work to do on it, like music / sounds, but the bulk of what we wanted is there. 

Feel free to give feedback / ask questions. 

1 hour ago, Applixir Kyle said:

How did you like creating a FB Messenger game?

Were you able to include advertising or in-game purchases like you can on other platforms?

I had fun with it.  The API they have is fairly easy to work with. 
Yes, Advertising is integrated. (Interstitials and Rewarded Videos) .  In game purchases are only for Android at the moment and we didn't integrate them. It is possible tho. 

The organic traffic is fairly good so far from what we're seeing. The platform lends itself well to quick small competitive games.  

Your gameplay video encouraged me to play it - probably this vivid, spongy biker's mechanics was the main factor why I got really positive first impression. So I run it on my desktop and started riding up and down hills! And... at the beginning I felt a little bit disappointed because, despite the fact that biker's mechanics still worked great, it seemed quite hard to control it properly. I got stuck on 200-350 points and got frustrated many times when I couldn't get back to the right position pressing right arrow key - in situations when front wheel was slightly lifted (let's say it formed an angle of 30 degress with back wheel) and bike was accelerating - and finally biker rolled over. But I didn't give up because I still wanted to master it and get at least into Top-100 scores. Two game session of several minutes later I finally got this precision that let me reach scores above 700 without excessive efforts. Since then it was a pure pleasure to play it and just enjoy especially this moments of speeding up and air stunts!

High scores system seemed not to be working properly quite often i.e. I have score 200; just have beaten it with 550; results page shows it but can't load my weekly and global rank; press restart and in top left corner it shows 45; few attempts later it finally shows 550 as it should. I suppose that it results from some server issues.

I think you're close to make a really great small game out of it. Wish you luck in further work on this title. In the meantime I'll try to get on the podium! :D

On 8/16/2018 at 7:43 AM, bambo said:

Your gameplay video encouraged me to play it - probably this vivid, spongy biker's mechanics was the main factor why I got really positive first impression. So I run it on my desktop and started riding up and down hills! And... at the beginning I felt a little bit disappointed because, despite the fact that biker's mechanics still worked great, it seemed quite hard to control it properly. I got stuck on 200-350 points and got frustrated many times when I couldn't get back to the right position pressing right arrow key - in situations when front wheel was slightly lifted (let's say it formed an angle of 30 degress with back wheel) and bike was accelerating - and finally biker rolled over. But I didn't give up because I still wanted to master it and get at least into Top-100 scores. Two game session of several minutes later I finally got this precision that let me reach scores above 700 without excessive efforts. Since then it was a pure pleasure to play it and just enjoy especially this moments of speeding up and air stunts!

High scores system seemed not to be working properly quite often i.e. I have score 200; just have beaten it with 550; results page shows it but can't load my weekly and global rank; press restart and in top left corner it shows 45; few attempts later it finally shows 550 as it should. I suppose that it results from some server issues.

I think you're close to make a really great small game out of it. Wish you luck in further work on this title. In the meantime I'll try to get on the podium! :D

Thanks a lot for your Feedback!  Yeah the game is not easy haha. Most people rage quit within 100m, so we're working on that.  
As for the scores not loading, I'm currently working on fixing that :) . 

Thanks again :P

4 hours ago, playh5 said:

Question: How long is your app reviewed after you integrated the ads. My instant game without as from my experience is reviewed after 1 day for 2 consecutive app review submission.

I believe it only took a few days. We integrated ads before we submitted the game from the start. 
I found the people at the official facebook group helpful if you run into problems. 
 https://www.facebook.com/groups/instantgamedevelopers/