[Phaser 3] Rookie Bowman

mapacarta

Very good. A bit like Rick Dangerous, and I always liked that.

The sprites could be more clear though. It's hard to tell what's hazardous. Especially the white rocks, and for instance in the picture above, I thought the grass were spikes...
It's also not clear where you can fall, or where you can go left/right to a next section. When I entered the section for the second key, my 'right' key was stuck. I don't think it was my keyboard. I thought I was on a conveyor belt but after I pressed escape and continued everything was normal.
And then there are some typos. Key instead of keys, looby instead of lobby, and probably some more. (Great word though, looby)

1 hour ago, Milton said:

Very good. A bit like Rick Dangerous, and I always liked that.

The sprites could be more clear though. It's hard to tell what's hazardous. Especially the white rocks, and for instance in the picture above, I thought the grass were spikes...
It's also not clear where you can fall, or where you can go left/right to a next section. When I entered the section for the second key, my 'right' key was stuck. I don't think it was my keyboard. I thought I was on a conveyor belt but after I pressed escape and continued everything was normal.
And then there are some typos. Key instead of keys, looby instead of lobby, and probably some more. (Great word though, looby)

Thanks. Yes you are right about the white rocks, they are a little confusing. I am thinking about removing them. Grasses also seem like spikes sometimes.

Actually there is only 1 place where you can fall and it wasn't intended. I will fix that one too. Other than that to go up and down room, you need to use ladder.  I don't know what can I do about making left/right sections' entrance(change points) more clear. If player finds the section map, then he/she can easily see which way to go. But section maps can be a little difficult to find.

My right key also stucked ones, I am not sure what caused it.

Looby :) That typo is probably in the tutorial part.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...