Hammerdude

crowley

Hi everybody, sorry to rush in here promoting my own game with my first post - hope this is not considered rude...

anyway, please have a look and let me know what you think of it:

Hammerdude

It's a fairly simple retro-styled arcade game, pretty much a cross between Snake and Pacman, with a constantly changing level layout.

Controls are cursor keys or WASD and space. It should run fine in current Firefox and Chrome, IE9+ possibly without sound, not tested in Safari.

The game is also available as a facebook app (with persistent highscores, otherwise exactly the same thing).

Screenshots attached below. Any feedback is very welcome! Please let me know if you encounter bugs. Thanks!

post-3849-0-76945900-1368736277.png

post-3849-0-96266200-1368736286.png

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I released a new version with touchscreen controls today. Since I wanted to avoid using an on-screen D-pad (because that always sucks), I tried something that kind-of feels like dragging the character on a leash.

It takes some getting used to, but IMO works fairly well after a while. Still, it's definitely easier with a keyboard.