Over one million particles in your canvas

Chris

Wow... I've been too spoiled by having CUDA for this kind of thing, I can't imagine doing it directly in shader language. 

Well, this opens the doors to some really detailed physics in HTML5 games. 1000-piece destructible structures, real-time fluid dynamics, etc. Honestly, this seems like a good opportunity for making a library to handle this kind of thing.

Wow... I've been too spoiled by having CUDA for this kind of thing, I can't imagine doing it directly in shader language. 

Well, this opens the doors to some really detailed physics in HTML5 games. 1000-piece destructible structures, real-time fluid dynamics, etc. Honestly, this seems like a good opportunity for making a library to handle this kind of thing.

Actually were far from that we still don't even have geometry shaders in WebGL yet and this demo just uses gl_Points with a custom vertex and fragment shader with some math code to give the effect of physics. This demo is still super impressive nonetheless and shows the huge performance increase of using WebGL instead of canvas.

Got to agree with Psychho here, this isn't really anything more than a GPU parlour trick. A very nice and very clever trick of course, I'm not denying that or the skill that went into coding it, but I don't believe it has unlocked any magical new form of WebGL capability.