Join us for Battle: Dirt (FiMaRu Contest #4)

Evan Burchard

It's on!  Battle: "Dirt" has officially started! 

There are a ton of possibilities with dirt.. digging, cleaning, being a zombie and trying to escape from your grave.

There's "Dig Dug," "Minecraft," "Kitchen Cleaning Selena Gomez"... Who doesn't love a good dirt game?  This battle also has an etherpad on the dirt page for brainstorming, posting demos, introducing yourself, or finding teammates.

If you want to play the games from the first three contests, they're all here.

In other news, FiMaRu is pink now. 

I thought of an idea, but I just don't think I have the energy this week. My idea was you are a grave robber and you have to dig a grave getting to the bottom where there is a coffin. You have to dig your path carefully because you have to jump up the way you came. When you get to the coffin  you steal something then a ghost chases you on the way up.

I just don't have the energy. There is just too many things I haven't done before. I don't think I would manage it. But if anyone wants to do my idea, you are welcome to it.  Next week I will enter for definite though.

I thought of an idea, but I just don't think I have the energy this week. My idea was you are a grave robber and you have to dig a grave getting to the bottom where there is a coffin. You have to dig your path carefully because you have to jump up the way you came. When you get to the coffin  you steal something then a ghost chases you on the way up.

It's like that part in Mario 2!

batman_runs_mario2_style.gif

This week i'm making Danger: Dirt, a small survival fps with a low-poly art style. Its going to be pretty simple just killing dirt/rock monsters, trying not to die and finding new weapons as you kill more monsters.

2ZXwClC.png?1

Looking forward to seeing the other entries for this competition, DIRT is a great theme i'm hoping to see some building/minecraftish games.

That looks really awesome Psychho.

Here's a screen of what I've got going so far.

dirtss.png

Thanks, its my first time trying low-poly art so i'm still trying to figure what looks good and what doesn't.

That font on your menu screen is probably the greatest thing iv ever seen, whats the objective going to be for your game?

I couldn't find this information on the site, but when exactly is the contest over and where do we submit entries?

Sorry for not being clear in the post. 

The details are on the site here... I think it mentions how to submit (email [email protected] or tweet @fightmagicrun with the link) but I should be more clear.  This battle ends in 19 hours of this post (5PM Pacific Time on Sunday). 

I've been making a lot of changes on the site lately, and I need to bring out the things you say really prominently.  Thanks for the feedback. 

Sorry for not being clear in the post. 

The details are on the site here... I think it mentions how to submit (email [email protected] or tweet @fightmagicrun with the link) but I should be more clear.  This battle ends in 19 hours of this post (5PM Pacific Time on Sunday). 

I've been making a lot of changes on the site lately, and I need to bring out the things you say really prominently.  Thanks for the feedback. 

Alright, that works then, thanks. I've emailed you the link to my entry; hope it didn't get caught in a spam filter.

Here's my entry, Dirt Demons.  Made with Game Maker: Studio and Clay.io for the high scores.  I basically just ripped off the movie Tremors :)

Use the arrow keys to move and try not to get eaten.  Your score is determined by how many companions you save.  I wanted to make this for mobile, but didn't have time to make a touch control scheme, so its desktop only for now.

Play Dirt Demons