[WIP] Bad Luck Brian buys his girlfriend a present | js13k

remvst

Hey guys,

Though I was quite busy lately, trying to amaze you all with an incredible game, I have also been working on other games.

Here is my entry for js13k's competition: Bad Luck Brian buys his gf a present.

blb_full01.pngblb_full02.pngblb_full03.png

Though the theme is not mandatory, I tried to follow it, as it's part of the fun. The story is simple: Brian just bought his girlfriend a present, but suddenly, rain comes into play. Your goal is to protect the present from being ruined by the rain.

In order to protect it, you will have to use the other people's umbrellas, but there are also special items: temporary umbrella, health, or wind that pushes clouds away. I'd like to add more items, but I can't think of any :(

The game is nearly finished in the way that I don't know what to add. If you have any idea on how to improve it, feel free to tell :)

You can try it at http://blb.remvst.com/

If you could also try it on mobile and tell me the framerate you get (top right hand of the screen), that'd be greatly appreciated.

Is it as groundbreaking as your other game, of course not (what could possibly be??!!??) but maaaan I really dug this game. Such a simple idea so well executed. I think only really fantastic sound would improve it. Great work!!

Glad at least someone likes it :)

The problem is that with 13kb only, it would be very hard to add sounds. I know some past paraticipants did manage to include sound, but I honestly would not know how to do it.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I'm still open to new ideas :) (that's why I posted it here)

Glad at least someone likes it :)

The problem is that with 13kb only, it would be very hard to add sounds. I know some past paraticipants did manage to include sound, but I honestly would not know how to do it.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I'm still open to new ideas :) (that's why I posted it here)

Ah oops, got so wrapped up in enjoying the game I totally spaced it was for js13k. Unless you can somehow manage a complete orchestral score in 1.27kb :P