A Comprehensive Guide to Taking Your HTML5 Game Offline

Straker

I recently finished a comprehensive look into how to take an HTML5 game offline.

The article covers the different methods available to make a game playable offline and then discusses the different techniques that can be used to do so. 

The article can be found here: A Comprehensive Guide to Taking Your HTML5 Game Offline

The main points to take away from the article are to use local storage to store your games information and use appcache to cache all your assets upfront. There are a lot of other methods discussed in the article that are worth reading, but these two methods are probably what most developers should use.

Let me know what you think.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great article. I'll be bookmarking this for future use and review.  Thanks for the effort on it!  I haven't really gotten to the point where I'm exploring offline use yet, but I guess I kind of always figured I would rely on Local Storage.  This sheds some great light on it :D

• 3 months later...