Nearest Neighbor

RestingCoder

I may have missed this somewhere else, but was unable to find it. Sorry if that is the case.

I would like to be able to scale sprites with nearest neighbor filtering so they do not become blurry. I have modified phaser.js to do this myself since the beginning, but with the frequent updates, I wanted to see if there was a way already built in.

Thanks.

With canvas it's an "all on" or "all off" situation, you can't scale just some sprites with NN filtering and not others.

If you wish to turn it on then just set the antiAlias parameter to "true" when you create your game instance (it's the very last parameter given to Phaser.Game).

If you wish to enable it after the game has started for some reason then do:

Phaser.Canvas.setSmoothingEnabled(game.context, false)

Note: This doesn't work in WebGL! Canvas only. Also doesn't work correctly in all mobile browsers (but then what does?)

P.S. Native english speakers, is it correct in previous sentence to say 'searched', or 'searched for' is better?

You generally use "searched for" when you are referring to what you are searching for. As in "you have searched for this topic."

You would use "searched" by itself if you are referencing where the searching is happening. As in "you have searched the forum."