BoxBox - game for js13k [customMade]

AzraelTycka

post-12574-0-27798200-1442266300.png

Hello,

this is my first game post here I think.

I made a little game for js13k, though due to unforseen accident I got injured and got discharged from hospital today so I missed the deadline horribly xD.

Well the game is working fine so I'll at least present it here for you guys :-). There are a few bugs which occur sometimes but the game mechanics itself are intact and work perfectly fine (ehm perfectlye ... kinda hopefuly perfectly fine), there are no sounds and not many animations, I will be upgrading the game with time after I get better.

Theme was: Reversed.

Total size (zip): 10kB (out of 13 possible kB).

It's endless scroller action game, get the highest score possible and post it here! I got up to 35950 so far but I'm going to get more hopefuly.

Link to the game is here.

I tested the game in latest chrome and firefox and everything worked fine (firefox is way faster for me but it's the same with any other game so I guess it's just the browser thing in my case?).

Game has some basic resize mechanism so it should fit to different screen sizes, unfortunately playable only on computer (I haven't implemented any other controls but keyboard - I'll give it more polishing and refactor the whole thing after I get better).

The game has progressive elements, the longer you can manage to survive the better, difficulty increases as well as your ship's getting stronger.

Link to the game is here.

Some screenshots:

post-12574-0-70484000-1442266284.png post-12574-0-65972500-1442266291.png post-12574-0-76350700-1442266295.png

I'd love to hear your opinions so please don't hesitate to bash me! :-)

Best regards,

AzraelTycka.

EDIT: corrected few bugs and polished the game mechanics to make it more entertaining.

Thanks,

if you are making it next year I'm definitely going to participate, this time for sure! xD

Well good luck with the competition this year there are some nice entries I really like so I will hope for their success for now.

Made a few changes hope it's more challenging and entertaining this way.