[Game] Full demo of a small game RPG

Dad72

Ok, yes I did not do any swimming animation. and I did not add the skybox collision. I'll see to improve it.

For the character who do not fall, I do not use physics to gravity, so the character has no mass. But I'd like to try and make comparisons in the future to improve this demo with the time.

@EJanuszewski - Yeah, I did the same thing... went for a little walk around the mountains... in the water.  It was coooooool... the water was just the right depth to keep my head above water (not so easy in real life).  And... yeah... the sun glare, when aligned with the head of the player... was pretty cool.  I thought about a screen grab there, too... because it was so pretty. 

The "beach ramps" to walk back out of the water... are rare, eh?  Steep embankments wouldn't let me walk out of the water again.  I had more fun trying that... than trying to find the key.  :)

Fun game!  Nice work, D72!  Just a few minor modifications, and we have Gilligan's Island game.  Now where's that banana cream pie that Mary Ann made?

• 5 months later...

Yes sorry. I had forgotten to change the link. I've updated the post in question.

You can also find it on the official site of Babylon inThird-party : http://www.babylonjs.com/

And for more information you can find on my book in part 4 how I am doing (There is a PDF version in English): http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/20421-ebook-babylonjs-on-openclassrooms-in-fr-and-english/

Dad72,

What a great example of a character driven game. Looking at the code, it's easy to understand, well organized, and every new game developer would have a much easier time beginning if they had this as an example. It has taken me time to find, so I'm guessing it's not obvious to the newbie on where they might begin when choosng WebGL as the platform for their game, and specificaly using babylon.js. I'm looking forward to reading your book, as I had no idea that you had published anything from your profile on this site.

As a note, I truly respect those of you whom English is not your native language. It is amazing the work that the non native English speaking community contributes to open source, as it appears to be at least as much as the native English users - with far less numbers. Even my development partner whom I work with daily is not English natively, but can understand the language of computer science far more than anyone in my company. The language of computers is certainly the common language of the world - not English.

This community continues to amaze me daily.:)

DB

• 2 years later...

Update of this demo available on the site of Babylon with the current version of Babylon.

Now the game uses mixMaterial, waterMaterial and fireMaterial. I also reviewed the code with ES6 and made some small improvement.

@Deltakosh Is it possible to use this image on the site instead of the current one? I also think that this topic should be moved to "Demos and Projects".

Survival.jpg.ccdbb35f75cf067fa349c377f460e58b.jpg

I do not know at all where that go on the site. I do not know how to add images. I usually edit code directly via GitHub. but an image ??.

If I knew how to do it, I would not ask. I know how to do it with FTP send pictures.

It does not matter, let's leave the current picture.