GameMaker: Studio Sound Issue in Native Browsers.

Kartikey

I'm using GameMaker: Studio, and currently facing a problem with sound in Mobile Native HTML5 browser,

Sound is Working in PC browsers, like FireFox, EDGE(Internet Explorer), but not working in Mobile Native Browsers, i have tested it in my Android and Windows Phone,

Any help would be really Appreciated,

On 5/25/2016 at 0:41 PM, ivan.popelyshev said:

Have you tried posting this on GameMaker forums ? Its their runtime. Also mobile native browsers are horrible.

Yeah, I tried but currently GameMaker forum is down until the update, but i seen many developers like True Valhalla, using GameMaker Studio and managed to get rid of this problem.

• 4 months later...

I use GameMaker Studio and had the same issues. 

If your issues are anything like mine having a look here would be a good place to start

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/html5-game-no-audio-on-mobile-devices.6124/#post-63208

Just to make sure it's not anything obvious. The audio_play_sound function needs to exist within a left mouse release event (possibly a left mouse pressed event as well, but I find the release events to be more stable)

Have you got test iOS or Android devices? Note that the GM:S devs themselves say sound won't work for iOS using their mini web server. http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=606885&p=4487745 but Android devices do work with it.

Does it work in a desktop Chrome browser?