How to work better on your idea..

DELETE THIS ACC PLS

Things on top of my mind:

- Create a styleguide document, what gfx style do you want all over in the game?

- Create a scoping document, define the boundaries

- Try to create a wireframe (like alex_h) said, I have worked with axure (for websites that is)

- Try to create a small prototype with simple gfx

Watch http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1942884/?ref_=nv_sr_1 and you will see how (nowadays popular) indie game developers started out!

You could also bundle them all ^^

Good luck!

You're better off just making the game with place holder graphics that are the same dimensions as the actual graphics so then your artist can simple redraw everything.

You definitely don't want to create the graphics first as you're going to be making changes to the game as you develop it.

I never made GDD's for such small project , in fact I've never made GDDs for any HTML5 game.

My artist and I understand each other very well; but aside from that , I give him a good description and layout and he does the magic :) (the results are always good so I never actually have to ask him to edit anything)

I'll give you an example of how my artist and I worked on our most recent game : Collect the Gift:

layout.png

I learned to do game design docs at school but since I'm an HTML5 indie dev, I never made a GDD anymore. I think it's useless to do it for such little games, like Ahmed said. A GDD is useful when you're several on the project, to let know to the others how the game work (even more relevant if the game is complicated).

But it's of course good to write notes and (that's very important) mockups!

I learned to do game design docs at school but since I'm an HTML5 indie dev, I never made a GDD anymore. I think it's useless to do it for such little games, like Ahmed said. A GDD is useful when you're several on the project, to let know to the others how the game work (even more relevant if the game is complicated).

But it's of course good to write notes and (that's very important) mockups!

+1

i never wrote any GDD for a small game but i bought a flipchart which is very useful to keep your ideas real and up to date :)