not all polygons smoothed

Koroldev

Okay guys, I attached my project file. I very simplified all my code and models. Just a model, skeleton and piece of code! And I found that when my model have skeleton, than not all polygond looks smothed, but when I delete a skeleton, than all right with a model polygons. I attached two kind of a models with the skeleton and without skeleton. Sorry for my English :)

And I noticed when I make the parent for my model the skeleton and used the automatic weights, than all right with a model polygons. But when I make the bone weights for the model myself, than I have problem with the smothed polygons in the Babylon.

1 hour ago, negrant said:

Sorry for my English

@negrant Don't worry about that - your English is probably better than my ability to speak any other second language :)

Your model looks very good - low poly, mainly quads and any triangles well away from from bending joints.

But I have a couple of questions:

1.)  Was the rigged model you posted your weight painting OR done with automatic weights? Automatic weight painting is usually very very good.

2. ) Do you have a reason for not wanting to use automatic weights? And if the model you provided was done with automatic weights, could you provide a rigged model with your weight painting.

Only other comment is you have some to have a few seams marked and I'm not sure why. Will look further tonight.

46 minutes ago, adam said:

but make sure you have applied location, rotation, scale for your mesh in blender before exporting.

@adam for over two years now - that is the first thing I look for in rigged models. Should be a big sign post somewhere in some kind of "Compulsory  Read" section of the forum.:o;)

But @negrant's model is fine.

cheers, gryff :)

hi

look your uv

any where your uv is separated you have not smooth face 

so when you make uv map you notice that

i think this is happen  when  we correct last uv

we make new vertex in BJS when we converted in spited vertex for correct last uv

when we compute again normals  new vertex not have old vertex normal se this make a flat area

@negrant Ok I had a closer look at your file. And apologies to @adam there were some transform issues with the location. So I did:

1. Shift C to get cursor to 0,0,0
2. Apply Location

I then applied the "Mirror" modifier exported your file with just these changes and viewed the export in the Sandbox.  You see the result in first image (A) - the flat shading you saw. So I then checked the weight painting - image 2 (A). It seems like at least 1 vertex is unpainted for the shoulder bone (and other bones nearby)

So I started again and applied the transforms as above then :

1. Unparented the mesh from the rig but kept transforms.
2. Applied the "Mirror" modifier.
3. Re-parented the mesh to the rig with "Automatic Weights"

You can see the difference in weight painting (Image 2 B, and the result in the Sandbox -Image 1 B).

So you had found the answer yourself already. But will ask again - " Do you have a reason for not wanting to use automatic weights? "

sandbox1.png

2weights2.png

Adam, thank, I forgot to apply position to my skeleton.

gryff, thank, I understood, I have broblem with the polygons which attached to the bones of which I changed weights myself.

Do you have a reason for not wanting to use automatic weights?

Yes, in begin I am using automatic weights, but further I need to change some bone weights myself, because I don't like how a hood behaves (When I am rotating a neck, than some part of a hood rotating too). And I have to change some bones weights. I had the answer, thank to all! :)

@negrant : How does this look?:

Hoodie

A simple animation of the neck bone after I tweaked the weight paint for the neck bone to try to minimize the influence of that bone on the hood..

The scene has a Hemi light and an arcRotate camera (so you can examine it)

I'll post the .blend file for you if you think it is any better.

gryff, thank, you helped me enought, further I must do it myself :) I had some problem not only with a neck, with a shoulders I had problems too. And I painted the weights for a shoulders too that shoulders behave corectly in some animations. I understood my problem and I am trying paint the weights as best as possible and testing it in my animations. Thank, on this forum responsive people!

On 10/9/2016 at 8:23 PM, gryff said:

@adam for over two years now - that is the first thing I look for in rigged models. Should be a big sign post somewhere in some kind of "Compulsory  Read" section of the forum.:o;)

Remember, the exporter now terminates (at least Blender's) without producing output when a mesh with armature has scaling or rotation.  If you see other issues that are always a problem, perhaps they can be tested for / kill the output as well.

57 minutes ago, negrant said:

you helped me enought, further I must do it myself :)

@negrant : a good attitude to have - the best way to learn :):). Unfortunately not everyone who posts here has that attitude :(

Good luck with it - and if you get really stuck - ask again :)

13 minutes ago, JCPalmer said:

Remember, the exporter now terminates (at least Blender's) without producing output when a mesh with armature has scaling or rotation.

@JCPalmer : I always forget that Jeff - as I always make sure that it is set up properly ;)