no-one has to die.

StuStuTheBloo

Play online now

noonelogo.png

no-one has to die. is a game about decisions. You will choose who lives and who dies, and your choices will change the events of the game completely.

nmed3.png

A fire has trapped four people in the Fenix Corp. headquarters, a building full of secrets. You arrive in the building to find the security guards murdered. Now it’s up to you help everyone escape.

nmed2.png

If only it were so easy. People will die, and it will be your fault. How you choose to contain the fire will lead to people burning to death. So, who lives? It’s your choice.

lionelresize.png

Lionel is the CEO of Fenix Corporation. Arrogant and selfish, he only cares about his own chances of survival. But he’s the only one that knows what Fenix Corporation truly does...

chrisresize.png

Christina is a young woman who has been working at Fenix Corporation for a few years. She is strong in the face of danger, but can’t stand to think of the lives the fire has consumed.

steveresize.png

If Steve hadn’t been working overtime when the fire began, he could have avoided the whole thing. Always one for a joke, he and Christina don’t always get along, but deep down they care about each other.

troy.png

And then there’s Troy. A murderer and an arsonist, Troy is behind everything that is happening in the Fenix Corporation. What sick game is he playing?

nmed1.png

So, who will you save? Who will die? Their lives are in your hands.

Play online now

Designed by Stuart Madafiglio. Art by Cindy Xu. Music by Jesse Valentine.

Just finished my play. Its now 1:19 am, I should have gone to bed long ago but I had to play the game to an end! :D

Congratulations. For me, this is the best story-based game since "A grain of truth".

Now I will go to bed, dreaming about fire, crazy machines and other universes  :blink:

Woah. What an amazing story. And it is well served by the music and the simple but efficient gameplay. Although it's not the gameplay I'll remember the most about this game (I consider the multiple endings, part of the story).

One of the few browser games I would recommend to friends (be sure I will) and I don't feel I have wasted time playing it.

Stuart, you are now part of my list of  watched game designers :)

Thanks to both of you! Someone else recommended Steins;Gate to me, I'm gonna check it out soon :D

A lot of great news! no-one has to die. has been written about on Rock Paper Shotgun, JayIsGames, and IndieStatik! This is so amazing, I don't believe it. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/10/fireshock-infinite-no-one-has-to-die/ http://jayisgames.com/archives/2013/04/no_one_has_to_die.php http://indiestatik.com/2013/04/09/no-one-has-to-die/

Haha, I know! It's amazing! In fact I came here to post...

----

THINGS ARE CRAZY.

In no particular order:

Thank you to PCGamer for including no-one has to die. in your weekly Free Webgame Round-up!

Thank you to ridiculously popular LPer NorthernLion for your video!

Thank you to insanely talented IF writer Emily Short for your opinions on no-one has to die.!

Thank you to FreeIndieGam.es for yet again featuring my game!

Thank you to JayIsGames for your very generous review!

Thank you to everyone who has tweeted about the game, or done Let's Plays, or upvoted on Reddit or shared on Tumblr or posted on FaceBook, thank you to everyone who's written about the game and thank you to everyone who's sent me messages about it. If my first game this year was a dream, I don't even know what this is.

Clever in more than one way. Deserves all the attention it can get :)

The minimal yet effective presentation reminded me of the best early computer games. This could have been made on a speccy or a c64.