Poor performance on iOS devices (60fps Android vs 15 fps iOS)

totallybueno

Hi there,

I have a "more o less basic" game and now that is almost finished, I realized that the performance on iOS is ridiculously bad.

Running the game on old Android devices I get easyly 60 fps, everything runs smoothly, but the same game, running on an iPhone 7 (and obviusly on older devices) it´s gettting 15 fps, being and easy game on a much more powerfull device (good one, Apple).

The thing is, I read that maybe tilesprites (I´m using one) could "help" to this poor performance, but this is not the case, even without that tilesprite I´m still getting 15 fps...

Can anyone point to things to check? Stuff that affects only iOS? I´m not finding how to fix this...

unless you provide a working sample of your test case it will be difficult to guess the problem, especially if it works smooth on old android and slow on iphone 7 which is pretty high end. Maybe check the Phaser.CANVAS tag when you create the game.

I just uploaded a demo to http://totallybueno.com/demo/falling/

When I create the game, that tag is Phaser.AUTO, I tried with Phaser.WEBGL too but I have the same result... so fustrating...

And it seems with Phaser.CANVAS that performance is really good, thanks for the tip @totor.

I´m just curious, if someone can explain here why this happens, would be really nice... anyway, it´s working :)

Edited by totallybueno

• 1 year later...

@totallybueno 

Wich programs do you use to check the (Cpu/Fps) on real devices?  I have been looking for a long time and I couldn't find any, can you guys recommend me any? 

I can't believe that tools like this which are the most important thing don't exist for smartphones, at last on ios there are none 

Thank you and sorry to hijack this thread