Chrome Apps Can Be Submitted to Google Play Store

Vidsneezes

• 2 weeks later...

There is a 2D Canvas to GLSurface plugin (FastCanvas) for Cordova on Android, it can be used for HTML5 game dev on Android, but I don't know if it is available in this Google service.

Anyway great news!

Sweet! I just looked up the Fast Canvas project, seems cool. Do you know what HMTL5 game frameworks can use it? (Phaser, Cocos2D-HTML5, etc)

For android you have Ejecta-X (work in progress). Phonegap/This chrome thingy is a no go because WebView doesn't support webgl.

For iOS you have Ejecta which works great and does magic and other stuff ;)

I haven't checked out Ejecta either, I'll definitely have to look into it. Thanks!

Sweet! I just looked up the Fast Canvas project, seems cool. Do you know what HMTL5 game frameworks can use it? (Phaser, Cocos2D-HTML5, etc)

Anything which can work with sprites and 2D Canvas can use it.

I have also made a library, CutJS, which works with FastCanvas, it can be programmatically used directly or be used as renderer for other game frameworks. (Feel free to cantact me if you need help using it.)

Tested a few things for Android this week and I must say that cocoonJs is quite nice and crosswalk is even better as you're not creating your apps in the cloud (supports android 4.x only though).

For now I'll stick with cocoonJS mainly because of this annoying bug (https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-905), but as soon as this is resolved I'm switching :)