Stolen 'instant games' on Facebook

mentuat

Predictably now that Facebook are letting anyone upload content to the 'Instant Games' platform - it's being flooded with stolen HTML5 games

The copyright form https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/1758255661104383 needs a URL leading to the specific content but the games open in an overlay so there is no direct link to them (beyond inspecting the element), nor is there a way to effectively search by 'developer' or game title within Facebook

Was wondering if anyone had found a way to report and remove games within this platform yet?

8 minutes ago, mazoku said:

You can play the instant game on desktop browser on facebook (once you've played it on mobile you will get it suggested in desktop too) and the game comes with app id in the url. 

aha good tip thanks!  Yes - once you've played it on desktop or mobile you get a little icon as a shortcut on your home page (or whatever you call it on Facebook) and that links direct to the game with it's own URL.

I've requested to join the 'Instant Game Developer Community' group on FB but I am still 'pending' apparently

I've got to admit I am finding Facebook very unintuitive to navigate - I don't know how everyone and their Auntie is able to use it so much

cheers, yeah - that appears to be the same page I used - hard to tell as different links seem to lead to the same pages  on FB for reasons I'm sure make sense to them...

On the plus side, I've been impressed with the instant games tools and documentation + the upload/test process is pretty painless

2 hours ago, mentuat said:

cheers, yeah - that appears to be the same page I used - hard to tell as different links seem to lead to the same pages  on FB for reasons I'm sure make sense to them...

Seems that the link @blackmoondev gave leads you to a site optimised for mobile devices ("m." in address) :)