Panda 2 Beta feedback

enpu

Hi @enpu

Sorry I’m actually pretty confused too.

I think The problem is that the new beta doesn’t display modules in the left column.

It however displays all classes.

Before the beta I used to see a list of all the modules including ‘objects’.

Is this what’s happening? Sorry just trying to understand it better.

Also, the classes with play buttons beside them are ‘scenes’, is that correct?

Yeah you are not seeing 'objects' in the left column, because there is no modules list. But you can see all your modules from the files list, if you open src/game folder.

I added back the modules list to roadmap, which would just show a list of modules from the current opened project.

And yes in the class list, all classes that has the little play button are scenes (classes that extend from Scene class). The list shows first all scenes, then all other classes.

I can see that class MainR1 is created in src/game/main.js file, so that's why it shows up in the class list.

Also, i see that the module in file src/game/main.js is named incorrectly. The module name should be exactly same as the file path, so file src/game/main.js should have module named game.main, not game.mainR1

1138063536_ScreenShot2018-08-16at17_11_06.png.ea7f9d15b7462623eb2e7309089f0f30.png

@enpu - Ok my fault! Oh man, I better go to sleep now, as I’m not making much sense lol.

Sorry again for the mess up. I was just a little confused with some of the small changes in the beta and it threw me off a little, especially since I had a week off and now I’m even confused with my own project!

Really appreciate the help and explanation :)

@enpu do you have a mirror? I just tried to download it 3 times, and each time it has failed halfway through all times. I'm in VN at the moment, and I'm using my home's wifi, (rather than the office) so it's possibly we can call it a bit more shacky. But I just downloaded Puppy Linux (330mb) just fine, so possibly your server has some issues serving to VN? I guess your server is European.

Not the first time I've had to re-try to download the panda install.

Edit: I got it this morning(after a few more fail download). :)

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but in the sokoban example, the .json level data doesn't show up in the asset tab. ( I cannot remember if it did originally, or not).

Is this intentional?

image.png.afc75209f06c8082c92633730b2fe83d.png

image.png.541590a4339012c40b1b41f0a2c53263.png

Edit: .wav files don't show up, either.

The .json issue I checked on Windows, and Ubuntu. (beta-6).

The .wav, just on windows.

Hi @enpu

When in 'Modules' view, and using the little '+' icon to create a new module, Panda now opens up a window where it asks you to save a file to disk.

In the previous version, Panda would open a popup and ask you to type in a name of the module, then save it automatically into the appropriate folder.

Is this change on purpose?

On 8/21/2018 at 2:02 PM, Ninjadoodle said:

When in 'Modules' view, and using the little '+' icon to create a new module, Panda now opens up a window where it asks you to save a file to disk.

In the previous version, Panda would open a popup and ask you to type in a name of the module, then save it automatically into the appropriate folder.

This is intentional change.

Previous version assumed that you are always creating new module inside game folder. And if you changed the module name in the code after the popup, it would get saved incorrectly.

So the new solution is a lot more flexible, you can create for example new plugin module or anything else, though you are right that there is one small "extra step" when you have to manually navigate to the correct folder when saving the module for the first time.

19 hours ago, enpu said:

This is now fixed. You can actually also customize from settings what filetypes are showed in the assets tab:

1756355133_ScreenShot2018-08-23at17_27_48.png.2a933ed8d5b19f941cc5fc134040155c.png

Nice! (But this version is not released yet, right? I checked the download, and it's the same version I have atm).

One question is, is there any plan to add some kind of folder system to the Asset tab? I.e. so I can create a folder for music, and put my music assets in there, and Sfx, gfx, levels, etc.?

At the the moment, all the assets are just in the one folder.

I have some questions about the beta 2 and the obfuscation feature:

Is the obfuscation feature implemented ? Are you using https://github.com/javascript-obfuscator/javascript-obfuscator  as the based engine ? if yes are you parsing the comment tag like javascript-obfuscator:disable or enable that we might have in the source code ?  Is there a way to tell which file we want to obfuscate in order to keep fast execution of the engine ? For example if we use the pixi plugin we might want to not obsfucate it, etc.....please kindly advise.

On 8/24/2018 at 1:09 PM, Wolfsbane said:

One question is, is there any plan to add some kind of folder system to the Asset tab?

I have added this feature to the roadmap.

On 8/26/2018 at 9:33 AM, Wolfsbane said:

Not a biggie, but if the ip gets reset for whatever reason, the panda engine doesn't know what's up:

Thanks, will fix this.

On 8/31/2018 at 9:05 PM, ftguy2018 said:

can we try the beta version and keep the current 1.5 side by side ? 

Should be possible on Mac, not sure about Windows. If you have Windows, can you try and let me know.

On 8/31/2018 at 9:18 PM, ftguy2018 said:

Is the obfuscation feature implemented ?

Yes obfuscation is implemented in the beta version and it uses javascript-obfuscator with default options (https://github.com/javascript-obfuscator/javascript-obfuscator#options). Currently there is only option to turn it off or on.

1486351403_ScreenShot2018-09-03at13_40_40.png.c8992cdc583713ffda79a4655e8446ea.png

Will add feature to the roadmap, which allows you to specify more options in the obfuscation.

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad to see that there will be a feature for the obfuscator to support more "control", unfortunately I cannot use the current editor version because of performances when using pixi engine and obfuscation so I am currently exporting first and the add myself by hand some comments to disable / enable obfuscation to the game.min.js and then run a nodejs to do the obfuscation job and I can't wait to be able to do everything at the export so I hope to see a way to support at least the comment enable/disable and also to allow more precise setting,