What does it take to learn Pixi?

il7 Games

Hello Devs,

I would like to know, what do I need to learn to play with PixiJS?
I want to create advanced games in 2d.
I know Pixi is not a game engine and there are other frameworks like Phaser, Cocos2D, MelonJS and so on...

Pixi will be useful to me to develop other projects besides games.
Perhaps the most experienced here can give me tips and also other people who are having difficulties.

Thanks.

On my side, i learned html, css, js, nwjs and after pixijs :)
i use rmmv, it a jpn software and basic framework using pixijs and nwjs in background, and very easy to debug experiment and learn.
Open source so a lot of plugin made by comunauty are available with pixijs modules.

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/programs/rpg-maker-mv

One good tutorial is: https://github.com/kittykatattack/learningPixi

I've also recently decided to finish writing my book which will hopefully be a good guide for learning, using, and understanding Pixi. I've left off of it for the past few years because I was so busy, but with v5 around the corner and v4 having lots of questions I feel that this is a good time to get it moving again.

12 minutes ago, jonforum said:

will your book be translated into several languages by an editor?

I currently have no plans to do so, simply because I haven't looked into how much it would cost. I am self-publishing and don't have a large bankroll to spend on this project.

17 hours ago, jonforum said:

On my side, i learned html, css, js, nwjs and after pixijs :)
i use rmmv, it a jpn software and basic framework using pixijs and nwjs in background, and very easy to debug experiment and learn.
Open source so a lot of plugin made by comunauty are available with pixijs modules.

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/programs/rpg-maker-mv

My knowledge is reasonable about html5, CSS and JS (That's more or less).
Anyway, I also know RPG Maker MV, I think a great engine, even more now can export the project for web. ^^

3 hours ago, xerver said:

One good tutorial is: https://github.com/kittykatattack/learningPixi

I've also recently decided to finish writing my book which will hopefully be a good guide for learning, using, and understanding Pixi. I've left off of it for the past few years because I was so busy, but with v5 around the corner and v4 having lots of questions I feel that this is a good time to get it moving again.

Oh, I'll take a look at this tutorial later.
Cool you are writing a guide, hope you can finish and also that in the future there may be more posts, videos, tutorials with quality speaking of the PixiJS.
You who know, share the knowledge with the beginners.
Because there is not much content and main in my language.

• 4 years later...

Learning Pixi is all about gaining experience, and experience comes from making mistakes. I've been using Pixi for a while now, and I'm still learning new things every day and I want to recomend zip job reviews because they helps me alot. I'll be writing more about how to learn Pixi on my blog in the future. At the moment, the best way to learn Pixi is through practice. You'll get better at it if you keep doing things over and over again.