[Phaser 3] Chase of Boxes

mapacarta

I released a new platformer game yesterday. It is a little game, I couldn't find much time since I started working full time a month ago.

Hope you like it: https://www.kongregate.com/games/mapacarta/chase-of-boxes

Any feedback is appreciated. Because I don't have much time to work on new ideas these days, I am thinking about making small platformers like this one in the future.

ss0.png.1f8fe30869866bdb128587ead09dd595.png

5 hours ago, jalex said:

I played it a little, and I liked the game. The idea with throwing boxes is good and it looks pretty. But on level 5 I think there was some kind of bug where when I threw two boxes on the jumper-thing the sound got caught in a loop.

scrndmp.jpg

Thanks for letting me know, I will look into it. That level also a little confusing I think :)

19 hours ago, BdR said:

Pretty cool game :) only the death-screen-shake is a little late. When you die it first plays the death-animation and then the screen shakes.

Thanks. I will fix it. The shaking bothers me a lot actually, I will probably reduce or remove it completely.

For feedback, I'd say have a think about making a crawling up ladder sprite. Just using the same jumping sprite looks a bit weird.

I'm not sure about the graphics in general. Some parts I like (the character sprite) but some of the other game graphics don't seem to quite blend well together.

But otherwise, the game design is really solid,  I like! 

• 3 months later...