Textures for Terrain painting in Unity

ParadoxMaster

Hey guys.
Recently I started working with the Babylon Exporter in Unity to create a 3D scene. I read documentation and  watch video about Terrain Builder, where says that you can use up to 12 textures to create a Terrain. But for me more than 6 not work. A black background is drawn instead of my texture.
Why can it be?

Black Hole instead textures.JPG

If I change the order of the textures or the textures themselves, it always displays only the first 6. The remaining 6 are not rendered.
And if look at the generated splatmap, it contains 2 images with RGB channels (2 image * 3 channel = 6 texture variation). I think for 12 textures the splatmap should be another?

Even when I create a new empty project, and add only the terrain, more than 6 textures do not work.

Edited by ParadoxMaster
Update

I had to reduce the max splats six because I could never get any help with the shader and the texture2D calls using a texture atlas so I can put all splats texture I one single file... since absolutely NO ONE helped with that (I mean actually help code)... I went back to using a separate texture for each splat and each optional bump map... that mean the MAX texture units that can be sampled in the the Shader is 16... some WebGL 2 version support 32...

Anyways I limit to 6 splats (with up to 6 optional bump maps and 2 color maps aka splatmaps... that 14 plus any lightmap and or environment texture equal 16 max

On 11/20/2018 at 11:07 AM, MackeyK24 said:

I had to reduce the max splats six because I could never get any help with the shader and the texture2D calls using a texture atlas so I can put all splats texture I one single file... since absolutely NO ONE helped with that (I mean actually help code)... I went back to using a separate texture for each splat and each optional bump map... that mean the MAX texture units that can be sampled in the the Shader is 16... some WebGL 2 version support 32...

Anyways I limit to 6 splats (with up to 6 optional bump maps and 2 color maps aka splatmaps... that 14 plus any lightmap and or environment texture equal 16 max

Sad to hear .. Your toolkit is a wonderful thing for developing complex 3D games on Babylon. Unity has a very mature and convenient editor for game development. I tried to use BabylonJS Editor, but for now, I think that Unity is a much more convenient way to build large scene, compared to it or even worse, compared to completing all the parts manually in code.

Have you tried to contact the Unity team to cooperate? Maybe they can help.. I think that BabylonJS could be a more promising way to create browser games, compared to the existing WASM converter in Unity.