My First Game "Star Defender" Feedback welcome

Gtrace

Star Defender:

Quite a while prior in a cosmic system far faraway… … in the planet blu comet ,star striker,the legend of the planet was determined to explore the planet earth and to spare earth from the savage… … dark openings! Anyway he was to late !the dark gaps were at that point agreeing the whole state!star striker needed to do some thing!or else the earth is going to transform into dust!so… .star striker arranged his electric blaster and the dark openings got prepared their electric shape balls

Thank you in advance if you give feedback    :)

post-7120-0-85264100-1393279908.png

post-7120-0-41604300-1393279924.png

post-7120-0-68827300-1393279941.png

I really like the idea behind this. Graphics are nice and the whole shape drawing feels very responsive.
Played this for about 10-15min and a couple things struck me as problematic:

- especially in the beginning i often accidentally touched the pause and (worse) the gtrace button. the may be better off at the bottom of the screen

- the V shape could be a little more forgiving if its arches aren't the same height

- I wished for better feedback when inputting the correct shape. instant enemy explosion or sound could do the trick

- after lots of VIVVVIIIVI.. there was a sudden jump in difficulty when you introduced 3 new shapes almost at the same time. Before i even realized what was going on, all my lifes were gone. Especially that open whole box shape was really difficult to discern and I guess this could be even more problematic on smaller screens.

With a little more audiovisual 'oomph' and a smoothed out difficulty curve this could get quite addictive.

cheers

I really like the idea behind this. Graphics are nice and the whole shape drawing feels very responsive.

Played this for about 10-15min and a couple things struck me as problematic:

- especially in the beginning i often accidentally touched the pause and (worse) the gtrace button. the may be better off at the bottom of the screen

- the V shape could be a little more forgiving if its arches aren't the same height

- I wished for better feedback when inputting the correct shape. instant enemy explosion or sound could do the trick

- after lots of VIVVVIIIVI.. there was a sudden jump in difficulty when you introduced 3 new shapes almost at the same time. Before i even realized what was going on, all my lifes were gone. Especially that open whole box shape was really difficult to discern and I guess this could be even more problematic on smaller screens.

With a little more audiovisual 'oomph' and a smoothed out difficulty curve this could get quite addictive.

cheers

Thank you very much for your great advises. We'll adjust and make it better. Thanks again for your support!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...