Hello guys, I'm Hipreme(aka MrcSnm).

I have some experience developping some games, and over the time I developed these games I found some need of having a tool that would generate enum for acessing my resources via intellisense.

This tools is Licensed on LGPL 3

In every game I developed, at some time, I wrote some code for storing in variables the path for my resources or some easier access. By thinking in this problem, I created one tool that is meant to help every game developer in any language by dynamically updating these resource enumerators when you drag'n drop in your folder a new resource. This tool is very customizable for your needs by accessing its generated file 'settings.config', it is a jar executable that will create one system tray icon on your notification area(already tested on Windows, but I think that it should work on Unix like systems).

I already was able to make enums for Javascript, JSON, C++, C, Java and the default one C#. Everything just by tweaking the configs.

In this tool you will set an Input path, then the executable will start to listen to this input path. After that, you can set one output path for where the generated file will be created. Every time you save the config file, or drag'n drop some file in a folder that is being listened, it will update the enum generated. 

That's all folks, hope this tools can help in your development.

Access for this tool: https://github.com/MrcSnm/ResourceEnumGenerator

ResourceEnum_showcase.gif

That's cool, the benefits of having typed resource addresses include avoiding typos and ensuring required assets exist.  In Haxe we do similar with a Macro that directly reads the assets folder (so there's no need for additional tooling or generating a static list).  I do miss those macros when working with other languages so its great to see alternative approaches.