Amazeballs! Android maze game (feedback appriciated)

EyeSeeT

Hello, I'm looking for feedback on my first game/mobile app: Amazeballs!

It is a maze-escape game written in using Matter-js and Three.js and runs as an android app using Cordova. There are currently two modes,  a top view mode and a 3D ground mode. As you finish levels you earn coins to buy upgrades (speed, manoeuverability and camera zoom out) which should help you finish larger mazes.

I'd love to hear what you think of the game. Any feedback or ideas to improve the game are very welcome!

Since I've seen the game grow it is hard for me to look at it with fresh eyes. It is hard to judge whether the game is still fun to play after a few levels, if the money/upgrade system balanced, etc. Also, I'd like to add new game modes, I have some ideas but more ideas are more than welcome.

In the current version you start with 5000 coins so you can unlock both game modes right away.

3D.png

EagleEye.png

• 3 weeks later...

I think this game could be really fun, but there is a bug that makes it hard to play. I’m playing the itch.io version on my iPhone.

When the ball travels at a fast velocity, it gets stuck to the wall. I found that if I tap pause and then resume, the ball will start moving again- but that has to be done several times during each level. 

Thanks for trying out the game! Glad you liked it! :)

That bug is annoying me for a long time, I thought I had it worked around in the physics engine.

I didn't know you could continue by pause and resume (moving the other direction worked for me), this is a nice clue to identify what is going on. Thanks!

I tested it today on an iPhone and it is definitely a different (much more invasive) bug. I think for now if you like to try it you can best use a different browser. The game is tested most in Chrome (since it is meant as Android app in first place) and Firefox an Edge.

Since I don't own any Mac/iPhone/iPad it hasn't been tested on safari.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 3:39 PM, EyeSeeT said:

I tested it today on an iPhone and it is definitely a different (much more invasive) bug. I think for now if you like to try it you can best use a different browser. The game is tested most in Chrome (since it is meant as Android app in first place) and Firefox an Edge.

Since I don't own any Mac/iPhone/iPad it hasn't been tested on safari.

I just tested your game and it works much better now! I finished level 5 and had no trouble at all.