This forum will be closing down. Please move to the respective dedicated project forums.

Having Troubles With States

StuffBySpencer

I'm currently having troubles with states in my game. I just started using it so I'm certain I'm making a dumb mistake, but if you could help I would really appreciate it.

The problem I'm having is that when I hit the Space Button, it triggers the start function in stateMENU again and again. Shouldn't the stateMENU end and not respond/react anymore?

If you need any more information, let me know.

Here's My Code

This is in LOAD.js:

var stateLOAD = {	preload: function(){		this.game.stage.backgroundColor = "#FF0921";		this.game.load.spritesheet('player','redThief.png',50,95);	},	create: function(){		this.game.state.start('menu');	}};

This is in MENU.js:

var stateMENU = {	create: function(){		game.stage.backgroundColor = "#8A8A8A";        var spaceBttn = this.game.input.keyboard.addKey(Phaser.Keyboard.SPACEBAR);        spaceBttn.onDown.add(this.start,this);	},	start: function(){		console.log('start');		this.game.state.start('play');	}};

This is in PLAY.js:

var bgColor = "#678543";var statePLAY = {	create: function(){		console.log('CREATE');		game.stage.backgroundColor = bgColor;                var moveKeys = game.input.keyboard.createCursorKeys();	}};

^ When you hit spacebar during the 'play' phase, it triggers the code in the start function in stateMENU and the console logs 'start' along with 'create'.

This is in GAME.js:

var game = new Phaser.Game(600,400,Phaser.AUTO,'gameDIV');game.state.add('load',stateLOAD);game.state.add('menu',stateMENU);game.state.add('play',statePLAY);game.state.start('load');