My second HTML5 game "Witch Match"

priling

Hello, 

I've finished my second HTML5 game which is Match3 type and called "Witch Match". 

I used Gamemaker to develop.

It's Fantasy background Match3 game with a theme to defeat the evil witch's magic by collecting Rune Stones to help the good witch. 

post-5735-0-49214200-1397213481.png post-5735-0-43342300-1397213477.png

You can play it from below link.

http://bit.ly/match3s

My first HTML5 game "Mine Rescue" had quite dark theme and I got only few response from the publishers.  So I wanted to try something different and made "Witch Match" more appealing to Women and Children by using more bright colors and drawings.

I've sent it for sale to some companies but the response is still not very active and I am not sure why.

Could you share with me any insight about this? I will really appreciate some feedback on this. 

Thank you.

Wow, it's actually quite fun. The graphic is cute and the pixel art animation is really smooth.

Several things that come to mind when playing this games:

- The screen size ratio is a bit weird (square). Most sponsor want their games to be full screen (with no black border at all), and this screen size will inevitably cause black border on most smartphone.

- It's blurry on my Blackberry Z10, maybe you want to try to disable the anti-aliasing in the setting? At least it will make the games look crisp.

- I think Highscore based games are hard to sell to sponsor who want to find high user retention (exception of course for really polished games). I suggest that you add new mode/level based Campaign where player can play a level and beat it quickly. Level rating (ala Angry Birds) is also great to add.

- It's great that you already implemented hinting system. But match-3 standard feature like special/power up will be really fun to add

- After losing, there are specific animation and information for user, but there is nothing when winning? Maybe atleast the enemy fall down and my witch is jumping happily before changing to the next level :)

Hope it helps.

Thank you all so much for your replies and kind comments. 

I appreciate very much for your compliment on the graphics, and I hear you on your advice on adding more feature like bonus. 

I know that the screen size might be disturbing, but in order to make the game support iphone4 size on ios7 safari, I had make the screen size as such.

I couldn't think of making different goals according to level which sound as great idea. Thank you.