New version of IvanK.js is out!

IvanK

Hello,

let me announce the release of  IvanK lib 0.8.

The most important feature is, that IvanK.js now becomes a 3D library - you can draw 3D triangles and edit the 3D transform matrices. You don't have an access to shaders and low-level features, but you can make pretty nice 3D effects without knowing low-level stuff.

Here is a 30 lines demo of drawing 3D models: http://lib.ivank.net/?p=demos&d=real3D

Another new feature is a default color transform matrix for each object. You can do many static and dynamic color effects with them, here is a little demo http://lib.ivank.net/?p=demos&d=colortransform . Color transform can be attached to the whole container, it applies to all the children.

Hope you like it :) I am going to make a couple of 3D games after I finish my school exams.

skv: I was thinking about adding 3D about 6 months. The fact is, that WebGL gives us 3D "for free" - there always is z-buffer, no matter if you use it or not.  Some 3D features were implemented in Flash Player 10 (z coordinate, scaleX-Y-Z, rotationX-Y-Z), and you will probably agree, that FP10 was not such a great 3D platform. 

The only think I "invented" (which is not in FP) is Graphics.drawTriangles3D method, which allows us to draw 3D triangles. IvanK.js still remains the high-level library, without an access to buffers, shaders or any other low-level features.