gledex

Hi everyone,

First of all, i want to say thanks to the creator of this wonderful forum, a place where we game developers around the world, have a place to share and learn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, i want to present you my latest, but first game creation:

Rush The Top

PLAY IT

S2qvLn4.pngv0dIEpU.pngZV2yrhn.pngUYoJn1Q.pngDpvlmlC.pngteuFFkU.png

The game consists of making use of a cannon to launch a monkey into the space, get coins to buy upgrades and abilities to reach the top in the lowest amount of time possible.

Although i have not tested it with iOS and other devices (i don't have them), you can try it out and see if it works for you.

PLAY IT

Your feedback is ENORMOUSLY appreciated.
Thank you,
Gastón - One Beast Games

Hi Gaston,

It looks funny and plays fine on a PC.

But I also tried on an android tablet and it doesn't react to touches. I tried both the stock browser and chrome - same result.

Another problem is that it's not scaled, and takes only part of the screen.

Did you use an engine? Those typically handle scaling well, e.g. this game I made  in Construct 2 - scales well on all devices I tried :D

http://suntemple.co/html5/blockthepig

Hi Gaston,

It looks funny and plays fine on a PC.

But I also tried on an android tablet and it doesn't react to touches. I tried both the stock browser and chrome - same result.

Another problem is that it's not scaled, and takes only part of the screen.

Did you use an engine? Those typically handle scaling well, e.g. this game I made  in Construct 2 - scales well on all devices I tried :D

http://suntemple.co/html5/blockthepig

Hi thank you for your feedback! :)

I think i fixed the touch & scale thing. If you can test it again i will love you forever ^_^

I didn't use any engine, 100% from scratch. I learned a lot though.

I have played Block The Pig before, great game. I think i will do more thinking games instead. Publishers seem to be more interested in these types of games.

Hey,

It played fine on desktop. The cannon sprite gets clipped when rotated beyond a certain angle. Apart from that, 'twas fun. My heart does go out to the poor monkey getting picked up by the ambulance every time. 

Hi! :) you are right, it's just the lazyness in me that doesn't like to fix stuff. :D I got *somewhat* the idea for the game from this video:

and game mechanics like Toss the turtle, Burrito Bison. Kitten Cannon..

Thanks for your feedback ;)