Game popunder ad

Raiper34

Most sigs are adverts of one kind or another. So long as they aren't blatantly massive / abusive I don't really care.

His are most definitely blatantly massive and abusive. There is about 5 short sentences of content and 2 giant sparkling ads I have to scroll through, I generally actively avoid threads he is on so I don't have to look at them spam the page all the time. Even that broadside banner is pushing the size limitations imo.

They are definitely not 'abusive' in that they don't breach the forum AUP in any way.

For me they appear as a single 60px high strip, but I guess if you have a low res / narrow browser they would stack up on each other.

I don't believe we've ever set maximum signature dimensions. 120px doesn't seem that extreme if we did though. I may put it to a poll.

first, its not really nice to speak in third person when someone can read the post, you still have pm and can tell someone that his/her/it banner isnt nice and ask to alter the sig

second, i found the size i saw (the 60 px rich mentioned) totally okay but i dont like animated sigs either, the same count for avatars.

the reason here is that i like to read static text and dont want anything moving that is catching my eye while reading

back to topic:

i dont like the idea of an popunder cause its really aweful in websites too so it wont do better in games :)

still prefer fake loadingscreens with centered slightly agressive ads that are easily to click (maybe by making the whole view clickable)