[Testfase] The Lords of Mensillar

purrsayskitty

Hello all, I'm new here and I specially registered to show my game here, and ask some questions.

I'm currently working on a multiplayer game for the browser where players have to build an empire, somewhat similar to Civilization in how you have unsettled land and players start building cities. Tradegoods are incredibly important to the prosperity of empires and will be the main reason for war and diplomacy. And with technological progress(which the players have no direct influence over but is instead based on their way of playing) I want to change the importance of certain tradegoods/increase the defense against piracy/make it viable to have longer trade routes etc, so that the power of players will fluctuate and games remain interesting for a longer period. It's quite ambitious but I've given it a lot of thought. There will be updates at fixed intervals so the game will continue regardless of whether there are any players online or not. One regular interval for army and navy movements and one big less regular game update.

First of all. Do you think this is something that people would want to check in on for a couple of times each day for a few minutes?

Also, I'm wondering where I could find test players as I'll soon be finished playtesting this game in singleplayer. Where do you guys tend to find them?

Here some screenshots:

2j6zbs.png

hufx91.png

It's already hosted, I'll post the link here in a few days when I'm certain everything is thoroughly tested. If you and others would like to play that would be awesome! Initiating a game would require some coordination though as it wouldn't be fair if someone would start playing while I've already got 3 cities because I started playing when I initiated the game.

Looking good, post a link and use users to test it - imo thats best way.

Thank you! I indeed need users to test this, that's why I made this topic. But before I do that I want to make sure everything is thoroughly tested and at least somewhat balanced before this testing can start. It's amazing how much bugs and imbalances I've found by just testplaying a few times.

I am not 100% sure you can post here without live link...

My topic has been reviewed and approved by an admin before it became visible because I'm new. But the link will follow soon!

Ok I've completed the things I still wanted to do. You can try the game here, although the game updates happen way more frequently than I intend them to be when testing is complete: http://thelordsofmensillar.com/

- At the moment this only works properly for Chrome.

- Read the text at the loading screen!

- Feedback is appreciated.

- 7 players can register an account to test this. Alternatively you could use the account: "Test" with password "1".

that sounds and Looks pretty amazing.

I'd love to check this out.

Is all the multiplayer related stuff already working or is the game singleplayer only right now?

Sorry, for some reason i completely missed your post. The game is now playable but it will require some multiplayer testing before it can be played as I intend it to be played, the balancing is quite delicate. At the moment my main problem is to find testplayers that are willing to play the game and share their view on the game.