[FINISHED] Pixalo

Littletinman

Hi All,

I finally finished my first story based HTML5 and javascript video game!

Description: An indie video game that focuses on story telling through simple game mechanics and a heart warming tale of discovery. The game follows the story or a pixel who finds himself free from his arcade game and goes on adventure to discover the world.

Link: www.pixalo-game.com

It is also in the Google Chrome Webstore

Attached is the picture.

Thanks all and looking forward to some fun discussion!

Thanks,

Phil

post-4416-0-77817900-1375361788.png

Hah, a pixel singing to Queen :)

It's a fun little game, although I had real trouble telling which was the 'selected' state of your UI buttons. White or blue - it made me accidentally navigate to the wrong areas on lots of occasions which got a bit frustrating tbh.

remvst the issue with Firefox is actually how long it takes to loop through the arrays I use for rendering map objects. The webkit is not very efficient for this and thus the slow frame rate. I'm trying to find a solution for this. Oddly enough IE9 worked with no modifications. Weird right?

Some versions of firefox it actually runs fine. 

The In Game menu has been fixed. I changed the scheme of colors to match the regular chapter menu. I think it helped a ton, but I'd love all your thoughts.

I had someone else tell me today that the game wouldn't even show up in Chrome or Safari. I haven't had this experience but if any of you have please feel free to share the details!

Also I thought it would be interesting to point out that the ad on the bottom of the site made only 3.84 which to me is not worth it. So I'm removing the ad. There's now just a Gamemix promo banner next to the Little Tin Man logo. I confirmed that it works in Safari and Chrome on both PC and Mac. I'll have to keep my eye out for additional issues.