Frameworks a hard choise.. experts suggestions?

snisnik

Hello! I'm new to this forum and I've been reading through different topics and looking for comparisons between the different frameworks but I can't decide where too go with this.

I know how to program but I've never done games.

I would like to know from experts voice and from people who already did projects like the ones i'm looking forward to develop which is the framework I should be looking at.

I want to develop simple 2D games, nothing with too many design, games like space is the key or flappy bird. 

I want to be able to publish the games to google play and to the app store and also being able to add ads to he games to earn some money if possible.

I've been looking at Phaser, PandaJS and Hexa.

Which one do you suggest to use?

Thanks,

If you're an experienced dev then just give yourself 3 spare evenings - one to code a tiny game in Phaser, one in Panda and one in Hexa (Haxe?) - you should only need around 3 hours per night to work through the basic tutorials and get something up and running quite easily. From that you'll understand exactly which one best fits your style of coding (everyone has their own style, but some are more.. shall we say, "specific" than others).

Then just go with whichever one you feel most comfortable with - because at the end of the day they all do pretty similar things, and are all capable of fulfilling your requirements, so it's really going to be down to personal preference now.

Thanks for you answer. I'm not an experienced developer, I have programming knowleandges in c# and SQL. I want to make my way back to programming doing games hehe.

I'm willing to try all the possible alternatives and find out which one i like more but i want to reduce my possibilities to the frameworks that at least will allow me to publish in native way to the stores and allow me to add ads.

All of them require a 3rd party to create an app. Be that CrossWalk, Cocoon, etc - none of them will do it 'natively', so the wrapping process is pretty identical no matter which one you pick. Hence why it comes down to personal preference really. If you think you'll need help when coding then look to see which of them have tutorials you like the look of - especially if you'll be needing them to get going.

Could just go custom if they simple 2d games =}

I would argue it's the opposite. The more complex the game, the more useful it is to go custom, because the more you have to bend a framework to do the things your complex game needs. The simpler the game, the faster any framework will help you achieve it.

I would argue it's the opposite. The more complex the game, the more useful it is to go custom, because the more you have to bend a framework to do the things your complex game needs. The simpler the game, the faster any framework will help you achieve it.

Depends what his goal is. Is it to make games or to learn more about JavaScript? You not learning to much about how JavaScript works if you letting a framework do all the work.

Nowhere did the OP say he wanted to learn how to code (better) in JavaScript, just to make games.

You don't pick up Unity just because you want to improve your C# skills. It's a side effect that will probably happen anyway, but it's a strange route to take.