Keep Out! A WebGL dungeon adventure

franck

Hi everyone,

Today we're releasing our latest WebGL game, built with Three.js. From the ground up, it was designed to be playable both on desktop and mobile browsers.

It's a tribute to the classic dungeon-crawler genre, taking inspiration from many different games. If you have some time, please give it a go at: http://www.playkeepout.com

Note: you may have played our previous game: BrowserQuest, which was a multiplayer RPG created for Mozilla. This new game is a bit of a spiritual successor, as it keeps a similar theme but with richer gameplay and it's a 3D game this time.

Let me know if you have any comments or questions!

Cheers

post-16427-0-51858300-1442333981.jpg

awesome, reminds me dungeon master ;) the map is welcomed too. maybe you could add quick look left/right to speed up the exploration. the game was easy till level 7 where it jumped quick to insta death with three quick following monsters attack. I played on desktop and found the game a bit choppy moving step after step.

Thanks for the nice comments.

We would have loved to add traps, switches, puzzles and more gameplay elements as you suggested. It was mainly to speed up development and manage to ship the game that they didn't make the cut. We're planning on making future updates with a number of new features.

Puzzles are a challenge though because of the procedural nature of levels. It will be quite interesting to see what solutions we'll be able to come up with.

Really enjoyed it, very slick.

I found the controls (on keyboard) to be my only complaint, and ended up not having the reaction speed to stun, dodge, shoot, slash appropriately on levels > 10.  Double taps for strafe, hold fire for arrow, double tap back for stun etc would be more my cup of tea.

Again, really enjoyed it, very slick, lots for an aspiring game developer to learn from this game.

Played on My LG Optimus L90 on Chrome. Good stuff, very smooth. 

Keys where invisible or looked like a z-fighting glitch on the walls. When I completed level 7 the browser crashed saying that maybe I needed to free some memory to continue running the page. I had to restart the game so that was the end of my play.

A quick turn button would have been nice if there wasn't one :)

• 3 weeks later...