Typed Zombies -Jabadoogames

Jabadoo

Hello world,

First post here in html5gamedevs, but longtime reader, i just set up a new website and uploaded couple of games in there: www.jabadoogames.com.

If you have spare time, please check the stuff out, any feedback is welcomed :).

My games are also available for non-exclusive and exclusive licensing.

Zombies are rising from their graves and are hungry, save yourself by shooting them with your shotgun by...TYPING.

typedZombiesScreen.png

PLAY NOW

Thanks for pointing that out, there was something really weird going on with my sitelocking. It gave me the message on first time i started the game and next time it didn't. And it has worked well since i uploaded it days ago.

Well it should be okay now. Hopefully you give it a another go :) .

Hi there, Jabadoo. the game feels fine for mobile/web gaming. 

There's some problems in your game from my perspective: (I'm using PC to play it) 

1) When 2 or more zombies closed together, the words overlayed together & I can't tell what the 'spellings' are.
2) Please add <backspace> for the 2nd button to press besides <Delete> (for PC users)
3)Another PC oriented problem: The switch between clicking the menu/replay buttons & keyboard is troublesome. Add directional buttons & <Enter>or<Spacebar> to select them will be welcomed.
4)The 'orientation indicator' is a good side feature, but it doesn't automatically pause the game when "switching" the screen orientation.
5)<Enter> is not really necessary if you type it right.(not really a problem, just my opinion)

Have a nice day. ^_^

Hello Allen T,

Thank for the feedback.

1. When i was testing the game, there was maybe one or two times when zombies overlapped the way it was hard to read texts.

I will for sure implement some fix to that, now that it is a real problem.

2. I was between the two keys (Backspace and delete) during the development, i'll think about changing it.

3. Game was never supposed to work with keyboard, it is made for mobile first. I admit, that when you play with keyboard, it would be natural to use them  in the menus etc. too.

4. Yeah that is bug, it should pause the game, thanks for pointing it out, i'll fix it.

5. At first there was no need to hit enter or tap the shoot button after typing, but game was lagging on mobile devices, because everytime you pressed/tapped a key it checked your typed text and all zombies on screen. Now it makes the check only once when you hit/tap enter. 

Thanks for playing and feedback.

Hello,

i just updated this game, now you can read zombies text better, they are inside black boxes. Also you can operate whole game with keyboard only, no need to even touch mouse, if you feel more comfortable just using keyboard. Here's keys that you can use:

ENTER - start the game from main menu, continue after killed all zombies and clear "new wave" dialog.

ESC - go back to main menu from game over screen.

S - Toggle sound on/off.

F - toggle fullscreen on/off.