Phaser game: android and ios

PhasedEvolution

• 2 weeks later...
On 17-11-2016 at 2:09 AM, plicatibu said:

@PhasedEvolution I sencond @Mike018 Intel SDK is perfect. You can use it to generate binaries for both Android (.apk file) and iPhone (.ipa file).

Give it a try and tell us what you think. :)

Just curious, what is the performance of apps created with the Intel XDK when compared to Cordova or Cocoonjs? I mean the speed and frames-per-second of the games.

I read here that Intel XDK is based on Cordova so I assume performance about the same?

4 hours ago, plicatibu said:

@The_dude8080 maybe I can . What's your problem?

@BdR  in order to know whether Intel XDK performs better than cocoonjs one needs to generate binaries for the same game and install them on the same device to check their performance.

I didn't do it so I have no idea .

I would like to test my app on my android phone. I have already simulated on the emulators and it runs fine. My app (it is not very different from a tuner) needs to access the device microphone to get the user frequency. When I made my html5 app I used this https://github.com/cwilso/PitchDetect which is based on Webaudio (audioContext). I am not sure if I need I need a cordova plugin for this in android/ios? Do you have any idea? Also I am tired of trying to get my app to work on my android device with no success. How can I see how my app would perform for real? That includes full access to the plugins I implemented etc... I am using a local Weinre server but it doesnt seem to work.(Tutorial here). I started the server and included the script in my index.html. Then I pushed the app files to the server:

aaa.PNG

After that I started the app in the intel preview => server apps. 

I am not sure if I can see the true performance (including third party plugins) this way because I saw this on the tutorial:aaaa.PNG

How do I build the app? I dont have a developer certificate yet and I would like to test the app with the third party plugins I am using. Well if I dont need any plugin to access the device microphone (which means the audioContext I used in the html page is enough) I actually dont need to build it because would need no 3rd party plugins. Otherwise I need build the app to test it. Any help...?

In order to build the app when using Intel XDK it's mandatory that you provide the developer's certificates for each platform you intend to generate the binaries.

In case you don't have the certificates you will use to distribute the app, generate the certificates used just for development (I don't know about windows and apple, but for Android you can have a certificate valid for distributing on app store and other just for development purposes).

Intel XDK doesn't built app locally. It sends your source code along the certificates to its own servers where the app will be built and signed.