gregmax17

Nintendo Switch

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard anything about putting HTML5 games on the Nintendo Switch? Can we use WebGL, web audio, etc.

This might be a question WAY to early to ask, but I had to know if any you heard anything.

There is still a chance that they will support HTML5 as a delivery method for games. It doesn't require a browser, merely a window capable of rendering HTML5. We will see once indie devs can get their hands on dev kits.

Yes, this is what I'm hoping for to be honest.

I don't know why Nintendo hasn't made the Switch available for indie's yet though, like on their developer pages. Trying to keep things under lid still I suppose, hopefully they announce something soon :)

I would expect Nintendo to expand their Nintendo Web Framework https://developer.nintendo.com/tools tool to work with the Switch, but they might just depend on third-party software. The console itself seems poised to take advantage of the indie market share from Sony's PSP and Vita and even the 3DS.

And since the console itself has incredibly limited internal storage, I could see Nintendo pushing for non-downloadable content.

But yeah, wait and see. Nintendo is launching the Switch early to take advantage of the new Zelda marketing, and to satisfy their investors before their fiscal year ends, so most of the features of the Switch will come before the holiday season this year