Mission 13 - Lost in Space

Firenibbler

Mission 13 - Lost in Space

bannerFull.png.e9c3120cb1958cb1cf82dd89b3ab8e31.png

Check out our newest game, Mission 13! We spent the last few weeks developing it for the JS13K Games competition hosted by Andrzej Mazur at Enclave Games. As most of you probably know, the idea of this competition is to fit a whole game in a zip file less than 13kb. We managed this with our entry, and here is the end result!

Also, feel free to plaster it across social media, trust me, we won't mind ;)

http://js13kgames.com/entries/mission-13-lost-in-space

Some technical features of this game, for all you nerds out there include:

• Custome image generation. (For stars, planets, and asteroids)
  • Audio synthesizer using JSFXR.
  • Support for both mobile and desktop with fullscreen resizing capabilities.
  • Random terrain generation.
  • And most importantly, love.

iconFull.png

your game captures perfectly the theme of js13k17!

i tried to find stars but no, just planets and angry aliens on steroids ;) i tried to figure stars position by finding the center of rotation of the planets but no luck. a minimap of the already traversed universe would be a good addition to the game. and some tech/artifact on the planet/ships to add powerups!

cool game!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 9:27 AM, totor said:

your game captures perfectly the theme of js13k17!

i tried to find stars but no, just planets and angry aliens on steroids ;) i tried to figure stars position by finding the center of rotation of the planets but no luck. a minimap of the already traversed universe would be a good addition to the game. and some tech/artifact on the planet/ships to add powerups!

cool game!

Thanks for the feedback! That means alot to me. I was planning most of those features you mentioned, but ran out of room. Originally you could use a hyperspace feature to travel between systems, and you would indeed find your way around with a mini map making the most of being lost by discovering new technology as well as new systems before eventually finding your way back to earth. Must say, it ended up being a much different game in the end. :P I might get around to making a better version using my game engine in a few months, but we'll wait and see. Thanks again for the kind words.