JohnK

Demo with Ammo.js Physics Engine

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:23 AM, JohnK said:

@RaananW you probably are well aware of the following information but in case you are not you may find what I have learned useful.

Info on using BJS with Ammo

Threejs demos with Ammo from this github

Thanks JK for the bjs samples for ammo.js. Now that I feel very comfortable with this whole wasm, empscripten tool chain, js<->c++ interops, I am going to look into this with excitement! :)

On 6/4/2018 at 8:26 AM, HoloLite said:

Thanks JK for the bjs samples for ammo.js. Now that I feel very comfortable with this whole wasm, empscripten tool chain, js<->c++ interops, I am going to look into this with excitement! :)

Holy crap... that bjs demo code looks good... I only have one question if you can do all the stuff with the ammo.js api and babylon.js api... WHY IS IT NOT A PLUGIN ???

I cant believe no one in the community has made this a plugin... wow

Hey Mackey, good to hear from you again :)

Well there are problems with plugin:

- non standard, breaking cross browser compatibility, security issues etc. In the end, people won't use it. Remember silverlight? 

Not to mention the hassles of installing the plug in, which is against the spirit of webapp app development. 

I have high hopes for webassembly! 

I been messin around with PlayCanvas to see what the other guys are doing... And man o man ... there Ammo.js implementation is KILLING our Cannon.js

Way faster, especially on mobile... much better heightmap and terrain imposters

cant tell how they do collision groups l. But that type of collision filtering has gotta be support in bullet physics... got to

i dont have the time to go figure out the whole time step and synchronize thing the cannon plugin does. With all the stuff I am trying to get the toolkit production ready.

again was hoping that would be a priority the community would be working on seeing how your physics engine does everything for you ... You NEED it for ANY type of presice movement with collision and collision detection and really ray casting ... I think a good C++ port of bullet ray cast will perform a bit better the Pick With Ray... especially when you Have to have mutiple rays casting from multiple characters in the scene. I’m just guessing... 

but PlayCanvas says they are achieving 1.5 x native speed ... that’s near full native performance

we should be working on this... for real 😳 

Man ... I don’t really have time to figure out the whole would stepping and updating all the positions enough where I would be confident that it’s working right. But those guys over at PlayCanvas got a pretty smooth implementation of ammo.js 

So I know we can do it 

Whats stopping us then?
Whoa, their whole engine is only 170 kb, when ours min is 1.7 mb.  I have not looked at PC in a while they are doing well it looks like.