Sleepy Bear!

SamBaylus

I'd like to share my very first complete HTML5 game with you all!

I kept it very simple and fun.

post-4711-0-88069900-1376466230.png

http://www.masharcade.com/SleepyBear

post-4711-0-09078800-1376466428.png

Sleepy Bear is a game where you control a sleeping bear, unknowing that as you roll around in your sleep, you're helping the forest critters from crashing down to the ground. Help them cross to the other side, or they'll wake you up when 3 fall to the ground.

CONTROLS: If you're on a PC, use the left or right arrows to roll around. If you're on a mobile or touch device, press the left or right half of the screen to roll left or right.

This game is actually my first fully completed game, EVER. I made it in about 10 hours, and I'm very anxious to see what you all think. It's optimized for mobile OR browser, so let me know how it runs on your devices!

HAPPY PLAYING!

The controls were a bit odd for me.  I expected the bear to roll towards the cursor.  Maybe it would be different on touch with some virtual buttons overlayed, but that would probably just be noise.

Once I figured out the controls, the bear didn't miss any critters.  It seems like the bear's placement affected the angle of the bounce, but it might have been a little slight.

I liked the fade effect on the critters and the bounce when the bear is hit.

Evan, thanks for your feedback!

The control scheme isn't clear enough; I've received that feedback a lot. The next version will either have improved controls, or a more clear message. Right now it's the right HALF of the screen or the left HALF of the screen to move.

The angle at the moment doesn't affect the bounce, but that sure sounds like a fun mechanic!

congrats on your first HTML5 game!  plays nice on desktop - good simple gameplay ideal for mobile

Unfortunately it didn't run on iPod touch 4th gen iOS6 (just got a pale blue screen) and on tab 2 android 4.1.1 chrome it didn't scale to full screen and the ground flickered constantly while playing (was playable though!)

Thanks for the feedback! 

I've optimized QUITE a lot in the game, and hopefully it'll pick up some large performance gains! 

Can I ask everyone to test it out on their mobiles, and report back how it performed? I'd like to iron out all the kinks with Sleepy Bear before moving on.

And since this is my first game, I've got to ask...

Do you see publishers buying this game?

Thanks for all your feedback!

Tab 2 (chrome) and iPod touch (safari) producing same results as last time.  

On Galaxy Y (stock browser) it loads and runs ok (but sluggish as you would expect).  

One thing I noticed after running it on the Galaxy - it looks like you are updating game movement based on framerate rather than time (ie. using a delta) so it will likely play inconsistently for people on different devices