Black And White Snake (My First HTML5 Game :))

DmitryD

Hi everyone! :)

It's a big day for me, cause I've just finished my first HTML5 game and ready to show it to you :)

Black And White Snake

icon.png

CLICK TO PLAY ON DIAMONDGAMES.ORG!

AND MARKETJS ;)

THE GAME IS SEEKING FOR NON-EXCLUISIVE SPONSORSHIPS, PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFO

Idea

A long-time ago, I had an idea to make a mix-genred snake/racing game, and now I realized it on GameMaker as an HTML5 game)

Few words about Development

1) code

Well, I used GameMaker and HTML5 as target platform. I really like GameMaker, after programming my own game object component system it was such a relief to develop in GameMaker, where this system realized on a really high level. You don't need to think about memory leaks, caching graphics and all that stuff. Just create create create))

a)For Mobile-compability I used Mathew's Mobility-engine. It's been a little problem to implement, cause I had the rooms' port size values less than view size values. But after two cups of coffee and a couple of hours, I fixed it, and game started working fine on my mobile devices at different resolutions. Feel free to write me if you'll have the same problem!

b)To simulate infinite level I've just used a looong room, where I move my objects down when the snake comes to the room's upper bound.

2)graphics

I used Photoshop to draw all the game graphics.

PNG-files i used for the game objects and JPEG for Backgrounds

This is how the game looks :)

screenshot1.jpg

Please write me what you think about!

Thank you for reading, I hope you liked it;)

PS: Sorry again for my bad English ^^

More updates:

On the computer the controls are fine. But on phones, it is really awkward to have my finger above the snake while I try to avoid obstacles/collect apples.

The mobility engine isn't centering your game properly when I flip it around. Some others were saying it doesn't work well on android devices. I am using an s3.

• 2 weeks later...