NiDIUM - A new browser engine

rich

"Today, the bulk of our time is spent trying to make webapps look like native desktop applications. Coders have to hack the browser, hackers have to breach the limits, and web architects have to build more and more JS and CSS frameworks to make application development a much simpler task.

NiDIUM was not designed to replace or compete with browsers like Google Chrome or Firefox. Instead, it was designed to handle what's coming : the fusion of desktop applications, mobile applications and next-generation webapps."

http://www.nidium.com/

Actually, this seems to be more like a platform for downloading and executing applications directly on the Internet. It's actually a nice idea. Because like it or not, html was created to display text, and embedding text into apps will be better than embedding apps into text. It kinda reminds me of Google's NaCl, but more exciting!

I figured this was more of a 'web platform' than a browser. Like you could down a NiDIUM app and it'd (theoretically) run native speed fast, with all the cool toys they mention, but not be tied to the OS. So you don't download a Windows app or an OS X app, just a NiDIUM one and they take care of the rest. Just what I picked up from it anyway, I could be totally wrong :)

well ... the demo is impressive but ...

they say "no more HTML, no more JS, no more CSS" ...

so why will I use this engine instead of ... native code ? there is so many cross platform game engines that compiles down to native for each platform.

there is something I didn't get here :/

"No more JS" yeah you are joking, there no proof about "No more JS" the video says "USING PURE JAVASCRIPT" 

Some game engines don't use pure javascript instead of C++ or Java. NiDIUM browser is not a real browser, it seems it can build webapps instead of JIT compilation.