blender join mesh are not detected as collision

vahith

hi all,
i trying to use the movewithcollision( ) method on mesh which i created by blender,
if i use single mesh without using join option in blender its working fine, but when i use two meshes join as one mesh then its not working :(
for eg:
if i create one cube in blender then import into  scene then collision is working fine,
but when i am creating two cube then i join as one using join option, now movewithcollision  not working.

kindly suggest me how to achieve this..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vahith.  Interesting!  I'm not qualified to comment, but maybe you could answer some questions I have.

Do you know if Blender "join"... makes a "subMesh"? 

Do you think one of your cubes... is a subMesh of the other?  (after Blender join)

And, does moveWithCollision work good for ONE of the cubes in the 2-cube joined test?

Have you tried joining the two cubes with BabylonJS mesh merge?  *shrug*

It might be interesting to know exactly what a Blender "join" does to a mesh (or two). :)

hi wingnut..
yes after creating babylon file it containes data someting like this

meshes":[{"name":"Model","id":"Model","materialId":"dc_1.Multimaterial#0","billboardMode":0,"position":[0,0,0],"rotation":[0,0,0],"scaling":[0.01,0.01,0.01],"isVisible":true,"isEnabled":true,"useFlatShading":false,"checkCollisions":true,"receiveShadows":false

subMeshes":[{"materialIndex":0,"verticesStart":0,"verticesCount":183,"indexStart":0,"indexCount":342},{"materialIndex":1,"verticesStart":183,"verticesCount":30,"indexStart":342,"indexCount":54},{"materialIndex":2,"verticesStart":213,"verticesCount":152,"indexStart":396,"indexCount":288},{"materialIndex":3,"verticesStart":365,"verticesCount":54,"indexStart":684,"indexCount":216},{"materialIndex":4,"verticesStart":419,"verticesCount":24,"indexStart":900,"indexCount":36},{"materialIndex":5,"verticesStart":443,"verticesCount":4,"indexStart":936,"indexCount":6}]

Just a guess since you seem to be able replicate this with cubes as well, but could you do an apply of scaling? 

I am not that familiar with collisions (yet), but sub-meshes are for multi-materials.  Does problem still happen if you remove all materials?

Beyond that, there is this imposter thing.  I am not the source for that.

@wingnut - I used Blender join on my blender created checkboxes.  Looked at exported source code (TOB exporter variant), I get no sub-meshes.  Just the global one.