Lumberjack Bear

Funkyy

Here is my first game made in HTML5.

It took more than a week but I learned more that I expected on the way so its all good.

I am pretty happy with the game (as it is my first html5 game) but I am looking for feedback.

LB is similar to Fruit Ninja - you slice wood logs and brown mushrooms to help the Bear to gather resources for winter.

The goal is to reach 50 points in 45 seconds while avoiding red mushrooms.

Feedback is much appreciated :)

iJIgAYK.png

Link to game:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37207662/Lumberjack%20Bear/index.html

Game is available for licensing :)

That's quite fun. Some feedback:

1) I had no idea I was only supposed to chop the wood. You should make it 100% obvious. The game ended and I didn't know why.

2) Lots of the items didn't go high enough into the air, I would say at least 30% of the wood was so low down I never had a chance to see it, let alone chop it.

That's a fun little game to play, With a few edits it can be a very good one.

I second what Rich said , Additionally , this ran smoothly on the 4th generation iPod but it had a few lag , but nothing too unusual, It took it a while to scale properly but at the end it did. 

The address bar of Safari is hidden , and I'm interested to know how you did this , also , the space of it is not used but replaced with a blank rectangle.

The intro background can use some work , it seems to have been stretched hardly to fit the width.

That's quite fun. Some feedback:

1) I had no idea I was only supposed to chop the wood. You should make it 100% obvious. The game ended and I didn't know why.

2) Lots of the items didn't go high enough into the air, I would say at least 30% of the wood was so low down I never had a chance to see it, let alone chop it.

Thanks Rich.

I have fixed the issue with to low flying objects - now almost all go at least to half of the board. I also included mention to avoid red mushrooms. Hopefully this will increase quality of game and some publishers will be happy to use it  :)

That's a fun little game to play, With a few edits it can be a very good one.

I second what Rich said , Additionally , this ran smoothly on the 4th generation iPod but it had a few lag , but nothing too unusual, It took it a while to scale properly but at the end it did. 

The address bar of Safari is hidden , and I'm interested to know how you did this , also , the space of it is not used but replaced with a blank rectangle.

The intro background can use some work , it seems to have been stretched hardly to fit the width.

The address bar is auto hidden using Construct 2 build in feature :)

I will check the background looks on Ipad/Iphone. I will pimp the game a bit tomorrow too. Thanks!

Great game you should called it "LumbearJack"

Ran really smoothly on my galaxy victory 4glte with no resizing or address bar issues.

In the second round the background dissapeared for me.  Nothing else changed you could still see the lumber and stuff just no background.

Great job this is a nice one.

Great game you should called it "LumbearJack"

Ran really smoothly on my galaxy victory 4glte with no resizing or address bar issues.

In the second round the background dissapeared for me.  Nothing else changed you could still see the lumber and stuff just no background.

Great job this is a nice one.

Ah men, thats good ;)

I will look closer at game names next time ;)

Thanks for the test! I will check what could happen with background - tbh I couldnt replicate it so I will probably spend next 1-2 hours looking in to it ;)