Space Shooter [please test on your devices]

AhmedElyamani

Screenshot:

screen_Shot1.png

Play it here

This my game Space Shooter , which is the first HTML5 game I publish, the game should be played on a mobile device.

Please test it on your devices and give me feedback and which devices you used, Feedback is most appreciated , and harsh criticism is appreciated also.

Please test this game on your devices , and tell me which you've tested on.

4th generation iPod   [] 

3rd  generation iPhone [ ]

5th generation iPhone/iPod [ ]

1st generation iPad []

Android phone [ ]

Android tablet [ ]

Windows phone [ ]

Thanks a lot!

Very nice! :)

The only problem is that it doesn't support multitouch. AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong) some mobile browsers like Safari do support it, so it would be great if you support it in this game.

Thanks for the reply.

What device did you test it on?

I don't know if I can implement multi touch, and I actually have thought about it before, and found it's not that necessary.

iPad 1 (safari, iOS 5):

- scales fine compared to your protrait aspect games!

- loader worked fine

-

I don't know if I can implement multi touch, and I actually have thought about it before, and found it's not that necessary.
I would disagree with this, not being able to shoot and  move at the same time feels pretty frustrating.  I found this to be a good write up for getting your head around dealing with multiple touch events: http://www.sitepen.com/blog/2011/12/07/touching-and-gesturing-on-iphone-android-and-more/

I've just tested it on my iPad, and touch controls are not placed correctly. Touching the arrows and shoot buttons doesn't do anything. Instead controls are placed in the top left area of screen.

If you're using GameMaker, and you're using its virtual keys system, keep in mind that functions to define virtual keys positions are relative to GUI coordinates, and not room coordinates.

Maybe try to call this function before placing virtual keys:

display_set_gui_size(room_width, room_height);

Let me know if this solves the problem. If you don't have an iPad to test it on, just upload a new version of your game and I'll be happy to test it again. :)

Now controls are placed correctly, but multitouch doesn't work. Probably GM virtual keys don't implement multitouch for HTML5 exporter. :/

I'm afraid the only thing you can do is to submit a bug report to YoYo Games, and hope this will be solved soon.

Now controls are placed correctly, but multitouch doesn't work. Probably GM virtual keys don't implement multitouch for HTML5 exporter. :/

I'm afraid the only thing you can do is to submit a bug report to YoYo Games, and hope this will be solved soon.

Multitouch worked on my 4th generation iPod perfectly, I'm puzzled why it wouldn't work on specific devices , running the same OS and the same browser, I've kept my mouse event for such thing.

tested on a samsung tab 2 (chrome android 4xx) and the screen is cut off at the bottom (similar to your other games in portrait) it looks like you are scaling proportionately based on the width of the screen (and the tab 2 has a particularly thin area available in landscape because of the address bar that can't be removed)

Multitouch worked on my 4th generation iPod perfectly, I'm puzzled why it wouldn't work on specific devices , running the same OS and the same browser, I've kept my mouse event for such thing.

Very, very strange. My iPad runs iOS 6.1.3. I tested it again to be sure and I can confirm that multitouch is not working for me. I can't shoot while moving the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply , How was it not playable in landscape mode? It was designed to be played on landscape mode really.

Can I please see a screenshot? It would help me greatly.

EDIT: Just got my hands on a galaxy s3 , I can see what you guys are pointing to. I will do a few edits and update.