Goodboy example .js doesnt work on Chrome ?

vmars316

I ran it in both pixi 1  and  pixi 3 . Same results .

http://www.goodboydigital.com/pixijs/example_1_basics.zip 

This much , without the sprite , works fine :

<!DOCTYPE HTML><html><head><title>pixi.js example 1</title><style>body {margin: 0;padding: 0;background-color: #000000;}</style><script src="pixi.js"></script></head><body><script>// create an new instance of a pixi stagevar stage = new PIXI.Stage(0x66FF99);// create a renderer instance.var renderer = PIXI.autoDetectRenderer(400, 300);// add the renderer view element to the DOMdocument.body.appendChild(renderer.view);requestAnimFrame( animate );function animate() {requestAnimFrame( animate );// render the stagerenderer.render(stage);}</script></body></html>

But the full code , just shows a black screen: 

<!DOCTYPE HTML><html><head><title>pixi.js example 1</title><style>body {margin: 0;padding: 0;background-color: #000000;}</style><script src="pixi.js"></script></head><body><script>// create an new instance of a pixi stagevar stage = new PIXI.Stage(0x66FF99);// create a renderer instancevar renderer = PIXI.autoDetectRenderer(400, 300);// add the renderer view element to the DOMdocument.body.appendChild(renderer.view);requestAnimFrame( animate );// create a texture from an image pathvar texture = PIXI.Texture.fromImage("bunny.png");// create a new Sprite using the texturevar bunny = new PIXI.Sprite(texture);// center the sprites anchor pointbunny.anchor.x = 0.5;bunny.anchor.y = 0.5;// move the sprite t the center of the screenbunny.position.x = 200;bunny.position.y = 150;stage.addChild(bunny);function animate() {   requestAnimFrame( animate );   // just for fun, lets rotate mr rabbit a little   bunny.rotation += 0.1;   // render the stage      renderer.render(stage);}</script></body></html>

Can you aim me at a Tutorial ?

Thanks

And the errors in the console say? I'd suspect it's unable to load the bunny.png for some reason. Perhaps you're opening the file directly instead of via a local httpd server?

Console , oh , i see what you mean here:

Chrome:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
09_movingSprites.html:9 Uncaught ReferenceError: PIXI is not defined

IE:
HTML1300: Navigation occurred.
09_movingSprites.html
DOM7011: The code on this page disabled back and forward caching. For more information, see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=291337
09_movingSprites.html
SCRIPT5009: 'PIXI' is undefined
09_movingSprites.html (9,1)

Thanks..

Well , I have made some headway: 

When i changed this:

<script src="../pixi.js/bin/pixi.js">

to this:
<script src="C:\pixi.js\bin\pixi.js">

and changed this: 
images/cat.png

to this"
file:///C:/pixi.jslearningPixi-masterexamples/images/cat.png

Things got somewhat better .

But still having probs (different probs) , so i'll Post a new message .

..vm

Same thing here as another post.  Start a new project in a new  folder.  The only file in that folder is your index.html.  Then make two folders a "js" folder and an "assets" folder.  Put the pixi.js in the "js" folder.  Now your path will be "js/pixi.js".  That is a relative path so you can just copy the folder and paste it on your server.  If you use the absolute path with C: whatever, it won't work when you paste it onto your server folder anymore.