Welcome to the new forum - Please read!!

RaananW

Ahhh, that feels better.  Phew.  Thanks Rich (and collaborators)! 

What's the next issue?  Who is online in the BABYLON forum only (at the bottom)?  *nod*

But we got all the time in the world to mess with that.  Our forum (Q & A category) feels good again!  YAY!!!!

AND... make sure he doesn't hate us... by mailing him booze and whores.

errr... you know.  :)

Did you know that there are 19 tool/title bars?

http://urbanproductions.com/wingy/babylon/misc/bars2.jpg

#2 and #6 are interesting. 

In #2 tab bar, the Browse tab is currently chosen.  If you choose the Activity tab, and then choose the Browse tab again, you're at a different page.  :)

In #6 button bar, 'Start new topic' HAS TO BE jealous of 'Reply to this topic' having a cool over-sized green button.  Apparently 'Start new topic' has not yet earned the right to have a button shape and color for itself.  :)

Just before bar #9, we previously had a "Show More Topics" choice that I often used.  Now, it's page by page, no more appending older topics.  hmm.

19 tool bars and label/title lines!  Wow.  That seems like a high number.  It seems to me that some consolidation could be done.

Yeah, I know, I know, this is not the correct thread for this, and Invision can't hear us here.  But we're still formulating a consensus, right?  We don't know what we want beg to Invision ABOUT, yet, right?  And maybe Invision could use a little more time to tweak their "new thing", too.  And maybe the admin of other blogs... would like to have their thoughts included in our whine to Invision.  Lots of stuff to ponder... but maybe not here.  *shrug*

Wanna see Raanan with a smile and eyes-to-the-camera?  Here!  And I think THIS might be him, too... about to cram a defenseless hummingbird between the strings of his guitar.  E-Bow, the "natural way", Raanan?  :)

If the forum 'can do it', then I'll enable it. But thinks like consolidating down the number of toolbars? Sorry, it's just the way they built it!

If there are genuine bugs I can report them. I do pay for this software after all. But if it's just "that's dumb" then sadly it's likely to remain that way (until they see fit to change it, or we find a plugin to fix it, that actually works)

Yep, thank you rich!

BTW, do you know why most avatars has become so blurry ? Has the forum template some difficulties to rescale the pics ?
Mine is directly picked from gravatar (original size is 480x480px), the final result is just a bit blurry so it's okay, but some others are less lucky.

*nod*  And, the forum search in general... just works terrible.  There's a new forum friend who is working on webVRCam and cardboard glasses... Rambambulli... and I wanted to show him/her the work that we did with... umm... OzRocker?  I think it was OzRocker... but I'm not sure.  We needed to adjust the width of his nose bridge (gap between stereoscopic views). 

Search failed to find 'nose'.  Hell, the search failed to find 'cardboard', and Rambambulli JUST NOW used the term in a topic title.  Sad.  I tried 'sprite' the other day... nothing returned.  REALLY, MISTER SEARCHER?  Ahem.

Anyway, all 11 playground search returns for 'webVRCamera', are failing to render, too.  Maybe BJS 2.3 deprecated that puppy.

Oh, that's right.  This topic is about the new forum.  *nod*  What a good time we're having with it!  :)

http://urbanproductions.com/wingy/babylon/misc/one_return.jpg

Did you choose "this forum" in the pulldown box in the search field? (which should be the default setting, imho)

Now I get two results for cardboard.  yay!  I think the old messages aren't indexed-up (aren't being searched)  (maybe)

thx for your reply/concern, Rich.

45 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

http://urbanproductions.com/wingy/babylon/misc/one_return.jpg

Did you choose "this forum" in the pulldown box in the search field? (which should be the default setting, imho)

Now I get two results for cardboard.  yay!  I think the old messages aren't indexed-up (aren't being searched)  (maybe)

thx for your reply/concern, Rich.

There aren't any topics with that title in this forum, they're in the Q&A forum (and a few in 3D and elsewhere, but none in here).

Ahhh, I understand how this works, now.   (Thanks Rich!)  So we actually have 5 "forums".  A default one that happens with http://www.html5gamedevs.com/forum/16-babylonjs/  

Our "this forum" search uses that... IF none of the other 4 are chosen first.  I got it.  We could say that the "pinned" forum... is the default... even though it isn't labeled "pinned".

Yeah, once I went into Q&A, then chose "this forum" in the search field, and searched for 'sprite'... I got 155 returns.  Yay!

Good deal!  I should read the docs someday, eh?  Thanks again, Rich.  Sorry about mis-blaming the forum software.  I make a lot of mistakes.  Be well!

*nod*  Thx for thinking about it.

For the previous software, I had an offsite BJS-only forum searcher...

http://urbanproductions.com/wingy/babylon/search/form06/form06.htm

It doesn't work anymore, as one could expect.  If you look at its source, there is a section in there that looks like this...

<label class="title" style="display: none;" for="forums_filter">Find in forum</label>
<select name="search_app_filters[forums][forums][]" class="input input_select" style="display: none;" size="1" multiple="single">
	<strong><option value="16" selected="selected">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>Babylon.js</option></strong>
</select>

display: none.  I forced the form's "which forum?" selector.... to value 16 (the BJS forum) and then didn't display it.  What a hack, huh?  Maybe I can get that offsite searcher working again, someday.  Maybe Administrator Rich doesn't like things like that, too.  :)

I used the heck out of that offsite searcher, though.  I helped a thousand newbies with it.  heh

That's good news, thanks.  I just did my first visit to Advanced Search, but I don't see the area you are talking about.  Could that be admin-only perms?

More than likely, I'm doing something wrong again.  :)  (sorry)

Just what you need, Rich.  Idiot Wingnut burning all your hours.

Hi folks.  I'm having some problems getting the text editor window to open... when I try to edit my posts.  Issue just started today.

Today was also the day I SAVED this forum's advanced search form (FF file pulldown -> Save webpage complete).  I messed with it today, had some failed queries, and eventually deleted that big save, and cleared the hell out of my browser history.

During these experiments, all of the critical "root" scripts were on my local drives.  Files like this...

http://www.html5gamedevs.com/uploads/javascript_global/root_library.js

During those few search attempts from my local version of the forum's Advanced Search...  could some kind of DB connector have gotten installed somewhere? 

Could the forum now be refusing to give my machine access to the forum DB... BECAUSE it still sees my machine hung on a different DB connection? 

Maybe only one connection to Rich's DB... per MAC address?  And maybe the connector that I accidentally made earlier in the day... hasn't expired.  Maybe?

All in all, currently, no comment text is presented in an editor window... when I try to edit a previous post of mine.  hmm.  Help?  (thx)