Please, you could test my games on your devices? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone 8)

Reborned

Hi! 

I have 3 games on my porfolio and started this week to send they to the sponsors. 
This morning i just received 2 negative responses. One of they is from softgames saying that my games dont fit to their quality standards.

- works perfectly on Android, iOS, Windows Phone 8 (if yes, on which devices have u tested it?)
- [ok] is optimized for phone and tablet
- [ok] works in fullscreen (no URL bar visible) and automatically scales to any high/low resolutions (no black borders visible )
- [ok] handles device rotation automatically (showing “please rotate screen” information)
- [ok] has a loading bar and very optimized loading times
- [ok] sound can be turned off/on (if any)
- [ok] text is separated from images (check out Google Web Fonts!)
- text is loaded from an external file to make localization easy

I realy dont have a way fot testing my games on all platforms.

Here my games (that i already posted on games showcase section):
Star Rocket
Bubble Blow
Block Tower

Also i need find a way to implement the last item "text is loaded from an external file to make localization easy". If someone have a tip, i'll apreciate. I use Construct 2.

I feel like I'm failing at this. Please help. Any feedback are welcome.

I played all three on my Nexus 7 tablet (Android 4.3).  They seemed to work fine on my device, but here are a few thoughts:

Star Rocket: I found this too difficult to play - by the time I knew where I wanted to go I couldn't tap enough to get there.  Maybe if the force of each tap were a little greater it would have been a little easier.  Perhaps you could have a "beginner" level.  Also, I frequently crashed at the very beginning because I couldn't touch the rocket and start tapping fast enough, so maybe a slight delay or 3,2,1,GO countdown would be a good idea.

Bubble Blow: This was also too difficult for me.  I seemed to have no control over the direction of the fan and whenever I touched it, the fan started blowing and making the bubbles crash.  Have you considered just having the fan blowing gently all the time (even when not being touched) and somehow giving the player better control over the direction of the fan?

Block Tower: This one was easier for me.  My only suggestion would be to add a sound when the player dies.

Hope this helps.  Don't be discouraged - game design/development is very difficult!  Your games are good; I think they just need a little tweaking.

Thaks a lot for the feedback  :)

Star Rocket: I found this too difficult to play - by the time I knew where I wanted to go I couldn't tap enough to get there.  Maybe if the force of each tap were a little greater it would have been a little easier.  Perhaps you could have a "beginner" level.  Also, I frequently crashed at the very beginning because I couldn't touch the rocket and start tapping fast enough, so maybe a slight delay or 3,2,1,GO countdown would be a good idea.

Humm.. I'll consider do a refening in the gameplay. Thanks!

Bubble Blow: This was also too difficult for me.  I seemed to have no control over the direction of the fan and whenever I touched it, the fan started blowing and making the bubbles crash.  Have you considered just having the fan blowing gently all the time (even when not being touched) and somehow giving the player better control over the direction of the fan?

The fan aways directs to the nearest bubble. When you touch the screen, the fan locks their direction at nearest bubble until you release the touch. But how give better control over the direction of the fan? Any sugestion?

@Reborned : I just want to point out something : You're forgetting a very important point , that is , the quality of your graphics.

Yes , Softgames are very picky about quality , and most sponsors are moving towards this direction also (which is a good thing) , But their copy/paste email is really just a fake(polite) way of telling you that your graphics aren't good enough (ofcourse they do care about the stuff listed , but it's not that strict). Simply , polish your games , Make them better and raise your standards (but don't just do that to satisfy softgames , just make it a rule for your future games) .

Good luck.

OK, I understand Bubble Blow better now.  It was frustrating for me to have the fan keep turning toward another nearby bubble...  To others that might be an enjoyable challenge.  Keep in mind that I am not a hardcore gamer and usually go for puzzle or adventure type games...

How hard would it be to implement the following:

1) leave the fan on all the time

2) When the player touches the screen

if on the fan then allow dragging of the fan (currently works like this)

else if not on the fan then rotate the fan to blow air toward the player's touch

Also i need find a way to implement the last item "text is loaded from an external file to make localization easy". If someone have a tip, i'll apreciate. I use Construct 2.

When I have to sell a game to Softgames I convert all the texts into .png except the dynamic texts (ie. score). For their API, then I just have to put english and spanish .png texts into the img folder so the game switch into one or another by loading image from an URL.

But I have the same advices than others here: improve the graphics (it's very important that the game is good looking) and make it easier to play. They don't like it when your game is too hard to play or when it's too frustrating for free portal casual players (and they're right).

Hum.. Thanks a lot for the advices.. I'll look for a way to improve the graphics. I knew the graphics of my games were not much, but did not think it was that bad. If you guys have some specific tips about improve my graphics, are welcome. This is not my area. That will have to hire an artist?

Also, i'll find a way to make my games easier to play. 

Thanks!

hey just tried some from here using chrome on my ipad 2 and iphone 4 and they work ok   (they are all made with C2) http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1340180 . The simpler games have sound working as well as good frame rates. so it can definitely be done but games have to be played on chrome. It looks like safari is having issues. Not sure why. I'm running ios 7 so that might be why.  

Now your games on the ipad 2 and iphone 4 with the chrome browser seem to work A LOT better. frames are smoother. 

from what I was reading on the scirra forums. you have to wait until the game loads then when the player touches the screen you can turn the sound on. you have to add an event for this. I cant find the post though sorry i closed all the windows lol.

Hey you should also turn off particles on your rocket game. I wouldn't even use it unless your targeting you game being played on a computer. It uses a lot of resources so removing it should help it run better on older devices. 

Let me know if you figure it out the sound issue. 

Hum.. intesting that a simple webgl efect can make that diference on performance.

About the sound.. I just replaced the 'on start layout' by 'on 0th touch start'. In this event plays the first sound. Dont know if was it the solution...

Thanks a lot!

There is security restriction in some browsers/os's which requires sound to be played only after user interaction (like touch event).