Helicopter game developement

wo997

Hi, I am a beginner to Babylon.js, but I decided to create a game about helicopter and... I don't know what to add next. Here you can see the latest update:

http://playground.babylonjs.com/#11OMIX#23

The CONTROLS are:

-Arrows to tilt the helicopter

-W/A to fly up/down

-S/D to turn left/right

-Spacebar (press) to change perspective

You can pick up the minecraft block by landing on it. Crash into buildings (yes, these big blocks). If you have any ideas how to develope this project let me know in comments. :)

I am pretty sure I will need help with placing textures on the ribbon, it seems to be hard to do because it has the width and height equal to 0, I see just one pixel, but I want to fix it later.

Well. As you have the basic mechanics working very nicely, you could start small. Like, have a carrier ship or something along those lines. Then use the helicopter to transport and place cargo cubes or something.

Or do you mean features? What about making a simple airplane to throw in the mix? Then you can slowly expand it to a small-scale flight simulator :P

1 hour ago, Raggar said:

Well. As you have the basic mechanics working very nicely, you could start small. Like, have a carrier ship or something along those lines. Then use the helicopter to transport and place cargo cubes or something.

Or do you mean features? What about making a simple airplane to throw in the mix? Then you can slowly expand it to a small-scale flight simulator :P

Do you want me to create open sea and carrier ships? hmmm... that's a lot of work, do you think it is possible to do at all?

@TheDude Thanks. Is there a way to make it a part of ribbon or just change the shape so it will be a lake or sea not a middle of the ocean? I also have many ideas what to do next, f.e. camera movement, creating objects like buildings and vehicles, preparing sounds and a lot more.

On 2/5/2017 at 7:46 PM, mwiss said:

This may just be preference... but when you release the W key, I think the helicopter should fall a little faster. Just by increasing the gravity and the upward thrust, the controls begin to feel a little more enjoyable.

http://playground.babylonjs.com/#11OMIX#25

Maybe my changes are a little extreme, but it's something to experiment with.

I can put this into option menu which i have to create. What about mouse control instead of arrows? Or just turning camera so helicoptwes follows your target?

11 hours ago, wo997 said:

I can put this into option menu which i have to create. What about mouse control instead of arrows? Or just turning camera so helicoptwes follows your target?

Yeah, an options menu with some of these things you mentioned would definitely be beneficial. Really enjoyed the game btw!