Multiplayer Browser-Based RTS looking for 1-2 new programmers.

madmuffin

cuAdGQH.png

Twitter - Subreddit - Dev Blog - Discord

Hello my name is Sam, I'm also the lead artist for Super Combat Squadron. We're a small indie dev team trying to put out a lightweight browser RTS. It's been just myself and one other programmer been developing the game for about a year now but, due to unforeseen circumstances, the lead programmer has had to take a step away from the project for personal reasons. I'm still in contact with him for help in the transitionary period but I'm looking to replace him on the team with some new programmers. 

Currently we just completed our first internal playtest and got some good feedback from that, and the roadmap for the future was to push towards the first public demo, and then if the feedback looks good and things work out, were considering running a Kickstarter or other crowdfunding attempt to get the funding to take the game further.

The ideal skill set we're looking for would include: 

• Phaser and JavaScript (goes without saying).
  • A previous title or some example of your work with Phaser.
  • Possessing a strong focus on:
    • Networking
    • Pathfinding
    • AI
  • Loves and plays RTS or MOBA games a bonus.

Your position in all this would be helping tackle some bugs and featured we identified and fixing some issues blocking a public demo release. We're trying to cut the fat and make it purely a bee-line to public demo release. As previously mentioned, I'd love for it to transition into a longstanding paying role through crowdfunding, worst case scenario we stop at public demo release if the interest just isn't there.

If you are interested, you can contact me here, or at our email address: [email protected]

640EQHP.gif.5f7049b56c87fb1d40c8b46bcbba815e.gifSCS_FarmlandCombat.gif.8a4d66d7bc6ac858464666c9454ffe8a.gifirtBhaX.gif.617abceb45883acde8a63bc3d601c3dd.gif

How strange I have never heard of this project before, it looks amazing!
Unfortunately, I do not have a world of experience using Phaser but do have a few professional years of web development behind me.
Currently based in the UK, I would love to be able to help you guys out with some bits and bobs if needed. Although I would probably not be the powerhouse you guys might be looking for.

Shoot me a PM if you want to have a chat :)
Alternatively I have skype : ikwileten12

Just an update, we've brought one programmer on board but are still actively searching for one more. The lead programmer has stipulated the biggest requirement for anyone interested in contributing is an existing extensive understanding and use of Phaser. Those looking to learn Phaser on a small project should consider participating in a game jam like ludum dare and make some small games before they tackle such a large project.