Astroe - 100 Player 2D Space Battle

Dan335

Fun to play! My only feedback is that I kept the right mouse button pressed all the time to go faster, but I expected it to last for a limited time (fuel). I think it kind of makes the "boost" button pointless currenty.

It looks good and the controls are easy to use. However for some reason the first asteroid I killed gave me over 100,000 gold which was easily enough to fully upgrade my ship twice over so I'm assuming that's a bug. I was mostly alone which makes it difficult to test how fun multiplayer will be. Sorry to the one person on the green team who I blew away in seconds though, I was totally exploiting :P 

Good game. Loved playing it for around 10 minutes. No clue how it is in 100 players but 1v1 is bad, especially if someone is already with a fully upgraded ship.

On my machine I had to refresh the website everytime I died since after pressing play again, all I see is "please wait" greyed out.

A few things I think it would improve in the game.

1. Add some base income even without having any satelites.

2. Have the  satellites start at level 1, so they can shoot a bit, this was people can hog the satelite to get upgrades if they just spawned.

3. Movement speed shouldn't be upgrade-able. Everyone should have the same speed with a speed power-up to go faster. This as #2 is mostly because in 1v1 there is no way to outrun or live enough to get other upgrades to fight back.

4. Have the map/teams reset if a team captures 80% or more of the satellites or if one of the teams does not capture a satelite for some time(maybe 15-30 minutes 5 minutes)

But yeah... Those need fixing IMO.

Untitled.png

Thanks for the feedback!  Check it out tomorrow, hoping to find out what 100 players is like.

Reduced the speed gain per level by half.

It shows an ad after the game over screen, it might have been taking too long.  Or maybe you have adblocker?  Need to test it with adblocker.

Game Over. Your team won!

Satellites Captured: 14
Ships Destroyed: 4
Gold Collected: 23490
Asteroids Destroyed: 674

I like the game ! But I would add more damage power when you are fully upgraded, 32 seems low.

6 hours ago, Dan335 said:

Thanks for the feedback!  Check it out tomorrow, hoping to find out what 100 players is like.

Reduced the speed gain per level by half.

It shows an ad after the game over screen, it might have been taking too long.  Or maybe you have adblocker?  Need to test it with adblocker.

That must be it since I have MVPS hosts http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm on all my machines. Which is kinda like an add blocker.

• 2 weeks later...